Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do spoilers ruin your life?
Yes! They make me die the small death.
No. Posting on an Internet forum is more important to me.
View Results

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm binging through two older TV shows at the moment, one of which I have seen before, and one of which I have not.

I don't know which I'm enjoying more (and neither do you), but I would absolutely say that I am enjoying them both. I like the experience of finding out what's going to happen in the context of a story (as opposed to outside of it), and I like the freedom of already knowing, so that I can focus on other aspects of the story. They're different experiences, but they're both enjoyable experiences and I have no intention of giving up either one, certainly not just so some jackass on the internet can get a laugh.

That's the factor missing from this high-minded "people like being spoiled, really" stuff. I may not mind being spoiled, in fact, I generally don't. But that doesn't make poking people with sticks in the hopes of provoking a reaction any less pathetic. And let's be clear: that's what's happening. No one is genuinely trying to do anyone a favor by spoiling them on Game of Thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

There's a difference between simply wanting to discuss something you've seen freely, which is reasonable (though it's also reasonable to warn people in advance that you're going to do so), and deliberately spoiling people for the express purpose of upsetting them, which is pathetic.

• Locked thread