Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do spoilers ruin your life?
Yes! They make me die the small death.
No. Posting on an Internet forum is more important to me.
View Results

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Firstborn posted:

That's fair. I don't think you are wrong at all, I just think maybe some people are more sensitive about it.

There's a weird undercurrent on the extreme end of that, where folks want to make the uh, first time perfect and pure and etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Whirlwind Jones posted:

How do you know this? How can you determine what affects how someone else enjoys something?

Phone posting so I can't dig up the link (I hope someone has it on hand since it's a neat read) but there was a study that came to that conclusion.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

computer parts posted:

Whining about casting choices is pretty dumb though, like what's happening in the Star Wars thread.

Yeah it's retarded to go into a thread for a thing and then whine about people talking about news for it.

Like, what else are they supposed to talk about in the months before it's out.

And if casting choices are a big deal then you just gotta have some restraint and not click on a thread where people would talk about it. And probably close your eyes while walking around at the movie theater because you might pass by a poster with names on it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

NarkyBark posted:

If you want spoilers, be my guest- just let those of us who don't want them stay in the dark!

I think the main reason this thread was made was because there were people in this category that simultaneously actively sought out discussion but don't want to be spoiled on anything.

I'm definitely sympathetic to not wanting to be spoiled (even though I feel that attitude can get in the way of discussing things). But I feel that all too frequently that spoilerphobia goes beyond what is reasonable, in terms of making people bend over backwards to accommodate that fear.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Oh no, not guest star spoilers, how could anyone stand to watch a show after hearing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

the trump tutelage posted:

I get not being a dick about spoilers, but I don't get using spoiler tags in the Star Wars thread for a month after the film was released.

This in particular is v weird to me. Surely anyone who deeply cares about not getting spoiled would take the effort to see the movie asap. And if they somehow could not, then why the hell are they reading the thread?

• Locked thread