Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do spoilers ruin your life?
Yes! They make me die the small death.
No. Posting on an Internet forum is more important to me.
View Results

• Locked thread
InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
My mind was loving blown at the end of the movie when it was revealed that Dracula was actually a vampire. On the other hand, I knew going into Twin Peaks that Laura Palmer was killed by Agent Scully but I'm a cool cat so it didn't bother me at all. I didn't understand the ending of The Sixth Sense at all though: it was pretty clear that Alan Rickman's character died when he fell of the building so what was the twist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
Hitchcock hated spoilers.

When Psycho hit theatres, posters made it clear that nobody would be let in once the movie started(*). Hitchcock also asked the public to "talk but don't tell" about Psycho.

That's not all though: he also tried to buy every copy of the paperback book so that people wouldn't get spoiled by the book.

Hitchcock was hardcore about no spoilers.

(*) people used to walk into theatres whenever back in the day -- your admission was to the theatre itself, so people would sometimes come in part way through a film and stay for the rest or stay for the rest and then watch it again or part of it again, probably interspersed with newsreels and such.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

thehomemaster posted:

I always feel like an idiot for not guessing the ending of a movie within the first 15 minutes.

Totally dude, within the first fifteen minutes of Mulholland Dr, I was like "oh man I got this" and successfully predicted the ending, meaning, and all the relevant symbolism the film would use.

NOTE: bonus David Lynch joke contained within this post

InfiniteZero fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 22, 2015

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

thehomemaster posted:

Wow, way to make me feel inferior, I don't even get the joke.

But I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not so now we've got multi-layered inferiority going on because this makes me feel inferior so maybe we should call it a day and get a drink or something?

• Locked thread