Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do spoilers ruin your life?
Yes! They make me die the small death.
No. Posting on an Internet forum is more important to me.
View Results

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The only thing I don't understand is why some people are taking a moral stance on an issue that boils down to "what's so hard about typing [ spoiler ] and later [ / spoiler ]"

Like who cares about the deeper theory of how spoilers scientifically impact enjoyment, it's an issue of social courtesy, and a really minor one at that. You might as well ask "Why should people spell words correctly" or "Why do I have to hold the door open for the next person behind me?" The answer is that of course you don't, but if it's something that actually bothers you then you're probably dumb or a sociopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

computer parts posted:

It's not social courtesy if some idiot is whining about people openly discussing that The Player Character in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is Darth Revan because that game came out over a decade ago.

I was just talking about threads that are discussing relatively recent and specific media in forums that at least pretend to be about legitimate discussion. if someone is getting spoiled in GBS or whatever that's their own fault.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

computer parts posted:

No, you ran in here and said "but have you considered that anyone who disagrees with me is a sociopath?"

Well I think that more people, in general, should be constantly checking to make sure they aren't exhibiting symptoms of sociopathy. It can be cured if detected early enough!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

InfiniteZero posted:

My mind was loving blown at the end of the movie when it was revealed that Dracula was actually a vampire. On the other hand, I knew going into Twin Peaks that Laura Palmer was killed by Agent Scully but I'm a cool cat so it didn't bother me at all. I didn't understand the ending of The Sixth Sense at all though: it was pretty clear that Alan Rickman's character died when he fell of the building so what was the twist?

Kevin Spacey was Bruce Willis the whole time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Fair enough I guess, I coulda phrased that more accurately, although to get to that GBS thread they still had to scroll through an assload of GBS's usual trans-bashing/'ironic' racism/miscellaneous hatred and find all that less objectionable than OMG SPOILER WARNING PLEASE so lol anyway

Yes, spoilers are the least of GBS' problems, which is why this thread is confusing. Some people are arguing about general human courtesy and others are talking about stuff that happens in GBS. If you look in GBS you should be prepared for anything but entertainment or actual substantive discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

deliberately provoking other people because you think their harmless preferences are wrong is weird and douchey

Ding ding ding. Nail on head. :agreed: etc.

• Locked thread