Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
maybe someone's answered a question like this, but having never played a Star Fox game I was thinking of picking this up.

It sounds really polarizing. Should I do it?

I was going to get the one that came out on the 3DS and then forgot about it. Now the prices for that seem a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Looper posted:

are you okay with gyro aiming?
do you like score attack stuff?

Maybe?
Yes!

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why not try the original N64 version of the same game on the WiiU eShop?

I didn't realize it was on there. Thank you.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Just got Zero and while I can see the issue with the controls (bit of a learning curve) I don't find them any more difficult than the Wonderful 101. They're obviously different but I felt the same kind of challenge.

That being said, it's not a discouraging challenge and I'm having these little "aha" moments that make it feel satisfying.

I do prefer the on rail stuff to the more free form dog fights though.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I never played 64 so I don't really have anything to compare it to

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Zaphod42 posted:

:stare:

You should go do that right now.

I'll get the 3Ds one eventually since it doesn't seem to be coming to the WIIU vc anytime soon.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Szmitten posted:

It also released on the EU WiiU VC.

Yea I was hoping that they'd release it stateside to promote zero

Sorta shocked they didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
This may sound dumb but is there a trick to turning quickly? I actually like the motion controls for shooting but when it comes to dogfights I feel like I can't catch anyone (or is that the point?)

• Locked thread