Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Szmitten posted:

I don't understand people who a) Like Krystal, b) Like Assault, and c) Care about the story and continuity of Star Fox.

Furries exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Reviews are starting to drop and they're not looking too hot.

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/star-fox-zero-review/1900-741/

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/star_fox_zero/b/wii_u/archive/2016/04/20/star-fox-zero-review-fox-sheds-some-appeal-in-this-retread.aspx

I want to see what people here say about the game when its released though.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

fivegears4reverse posted:

Ratchet and Clank is generally a pretty awesome game that doesn't have players wrestling with an awkward control scheme over the course of the game, while also looking damned pretty to boot.

It's pretty bizarre how far you people will go to discredit a game review that ultimately is just someone else' opinion on a game, and not a final arbiter of your own personal tastes. I mean take offense at the fact that the guy liked another reboot all you want, but maaaaaaaaaaaybe the game isn't actually as amazing as you were hoping it was?

Welcome to people having meltdowns

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

It's my opinion that Star Fox Zero will be amazing and runner-up for GOTY behind #FE

Sorry but persona 5 is the goty this year

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Persona 5 is never coming out though

dont do this to me man

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Szmitten posted:

I have no need for reviews since I was always going to buy it. That said, I wouldn't put much stock in the grown rear end man that doesn't know how to cook eggs.

Also, those of you talking about price, remember that you're actually getting two games (Guard).

Yeah but what if you never wanted that game. Like its cool they added some tower defense game there but if thats the reason why the game is $60 dollars than thats pretty hosed

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbW99DyAAm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMAyQJ1a6s

It is a shame that there's no online multiplayer since there's no multiplayer game today that really fills that niche. It could have been cool with the new controls.

Guard looks really fun and I'm almost more excited to play that even though I hate TD games.

drat this review hits the nail on the head for me on purchasing the game. I'm probably just going to wait for it to go on sale or I don't know probably check it out much later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

McStephenson posted:

Here's the problem: I honestly don't feel like anything I've played is gimmicky.

Every thing I've played so far has been within the wheel house for the franchise- and when I say that I mean Star Fox SNES, Star Fox 2 and Star Fox 64.

All the design visually and most of the game mechanics don't feel like they're hamfisting any of it- I get the slight annoyance with the gamepad audio, but when you were little, wouldn't the idea of being communicated with during a level through a speaker at your controls rather than from the TV just be super badass to your little brain?

Yes, there are a couple of things that would be better if they had the option to turn it off, but there's a lot of good here!

If you played SF64 when you were younger, let this game tap into that fun and energy you had with it! That's how I've approached it so far and it's been tons of fun!

We're not little anymore dude.

• Locked thread