Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Is there a Venom 2 in the game. Having completed it it really feels like there should be.
no

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So is the game selling well enough to get a Star Fox 2nd Zero on the NX?
no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This game owns quite a lot and it's a shame a lot of reviewers seem to suck at it, the Arwing sections in particular are the best of any game in the series and mowing down swams with some slick cursor movement feels good as hell and sets this game apart from other rail shooters

I'm honestly stunned that multiple reviews mentioned a MANDATORY STEALTH MISSIONS when it's literally just avoiding spotlights to prevent enemies harassing you, pretty much the exact same thing as SF64

Golden Goat posted:

Do we have a list of how to get some of the alternate paths? Also can you get a Arwing for the first gyro level?
- use the chicken walker to open the coastline door in corneria, then beat aquarosa twice (ugh) to unlock the zoness/area 3 alt levels
- clear the area 3 alt level to unlock meteo
- lock onto pigma when he drive-bys you in meteo to unlock a fight with andrew and pigma
- beat star wolf (the whole team) in sector alpha before the hidden timer expires to save peppy and go to fortuna
- beat fortuna again and use ZL to lock onto wolf when he drive-bys you to unlock the 1v1 on fichina
- go back to titania after you have the gravmaster and fly into the portal
- after you beat all the other levels, go back to sector alpha and lock onto pigma with ZL to unlock the great fox wave defense mission

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 25, 2016

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I did! Multiple times in a row! Didn't help much.
there's this thing called """timing""" that you have to use to dodge attacks

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I hold the pad pretty much flat and just switch views with - if I have to. In the Arwing sections I pretty much never switch views or look at the gamepad. The only exception is in demanding fights where it's advantageous to see both perspectives (i.e. Aquarosa).

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Szmitten posted:

I would argue that it makes the game easier.
There's an inflection point, I think. The game starts off easy, then the difficulty exceed's the average player's skill with the motion controls (Andross, Aquarosa) and then a point of mastery where they finally become second nature and you wipe stuff out effortlessly. Andross took me half a dozen tries on my first run. Now I can wipe him out without even thinking much.

• Locked thread