Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Lol just lol if you didn't think Assault on Kile II was the best mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Szmitten posted:

I think he's talking about Sullust.

Ah, that one was tough. Not as tough as Escape from Fest, though. I think that's the only mission I didn't get a gold on.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Are you fuckin' serious?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Szmitten posted:

There is no multiplayer except for couch co-op where one prson flies and another aims.

You weren't kidding. That hurts. It's almost like they asked themselves "can we save money by not developing this and still have just as many sales" and hazarded a "yes"--even after a delay! Welp. I'll probably get this used near the tail-end of summer since I'm obviously not going to be missing a player base.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Trick Question posted:

Why on earth would anyone want online multiplayer in an arcade railshooter?

I guess an online scoreboard would be nice, but multiplayer seems like it would be the most tacked-on poo poo ever. You know, like it was in 64.

Think about it from the perspective of Nintendo's library for Wii U instead of from a standpoint of genre purity. Ace Combats aren't exactly coming out for Nintendo systems or at all really, but that's beside the point.

Bottom line--there are folks out there (I count myself among them) that played the split-screen multiplayer for SF64 more than the single player. And Zero doesn't scratch that itch.

• Locked thread