Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Bean posted:

On one hand, I'm sad that this game seems like Star Fox 64 2. I was hoping it would be a little more plotty. I guess I was hoping we'd get a stupid rear end space opera? Like Mass Effect with furries.

On the other hand, Star Fox 64 was cool and good and more cool and good games are excellent.

I do hate motion controls, however. It'll take me weeks to not crash the arwing into the side of a Cornerian mountain side.

Every attempt thus far at making a Star Fox game that's not a direct iteration on the formula of the SNES original has ended in tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

This game is divisive in part because the controls are a lot - a lot a lot - different than previous entries. It also bumps up the difficulty a fair bit. The new controls are interesting and they do a pretty good job exploring them, but there are definitely a few levels I would describe as kinda tedious and uninspired. I'm not sure that this game quiiite measures up to SF64, but I think it comes pretty close. If you like shooters, cute space animals, and Nintendo games that are surprisingly tough for being nintendo games, check this one out. And if you like this one then definitely grab 64 however you can.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I like the idea that anytime Peppy isn't on the mic talking to his teammates he's shouting BARREL ROLL 100% of the time

• Locked thread