Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The secret might already be out, been hearing a lot of groundswell about a plot twist that I can't find the source for but a lot of people believe. It's a multiverse plot and we've only seen the 64 stuff, the portals are tied to it somehow and later stuff will show up.

One piece of evidence I know I've seen is Venom is a little before the halfway point on the overall score chart- and all the 64 planets/areas are before it leaving a massive gap of mystery locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Here's the level chart going around.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Never played the foxes that star but does this mean that the game has about twice the amount of levels 64 had, each one with some alternate routes?

If the rumors are true and those aren't just random empty spaces then yeah just about.

Also man the yakkin' cut ins look so nice in this game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Szmitten posted:

I haven't researched yet but I'm highly dubious of this and it sounds like a misunderstanding of that map screen. It's from the video that I linked implying that there are two versions of each of the 10 planets/places and you might be backtracking. In that video, Corneria 1 was called "Enter Star Fox" and Corneria 2 was called "Hidden Plans".

Possible, like I said it's just a rumor that seems to be pretty popular right now v:shobon:v

By the by though, here's the games opening in English

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Szmitten posted:

There is no multiplayer except for couch co-op where one prson flies and another aims.

Nintendo!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

About 1:38 in the video you can see something cool.

Christ this game looks amazing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What is this... arcade game you speak of.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Ahaha, when I read that quote I actually thought it was in reference to Star Fox Zero. I guess I have two questions about the game didn't get clarified from the reviews:

1) Can you just turn off the dual screen thing and play without it? Is the gameplay designed around this?
2) Is any part of this post true:

Nah it wasn't true after all which sucks. Venom's just randomly in the middle of the score attack menu.

Chieves posted:

So LOL at reviewers ranting endlessly about the motion controls that they can just turn off.

Game journalism!

That's not quite true as a aside. You can turn them off but firing your blasters instantly turns it back on until you stop firing.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 20, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's got platinum on the box, the controls are going to be absolutely fantastic and super responsive but not easily understood in the first hour or 2 of the game like literally everything they've put out.

I've been prepared for this.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I love that it's animated at 5fps. Lets you soak in all the details.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah the controls are this are actually bad. I'm frequently fighting them to get anything done and it's a lot more frustrating then anything else.

Like I used motion controls in splatoon but this is a whole different beast. I feel that it would be a billion times better without them. Went in with a open mind and really let down because the game itself seems fun but it's way too overwhelming.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

nu uh x Infinity

you can't beat that

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do secret stages work exactly? I went back to stage 1 and clicked the switch with the walker and took the tunnel path. Saved the dog ship and it just led me to saving Pepper again, I even finished off the boss by flying inside the ship and blowing it up this time and nothin'.

Also I turned motion controls off and it's making a world of difference though it still feels like the blaster is a little inaccurate for whatever reason. I really want to like this game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

sharrrk posted:

i want to kiss wolf, on the mouth

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I tried aquarossa just now and lost all my lives to it because the shield thing outspeeds me even when I'm boosting away. That's cool. Cool boss.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

andipossess posted:

I don't like it when I'm trying to ascend and boost at the same time and I do a somersault instead, wasting the precious time I was trying to save. I wish there was a way to turn off the SF64 style somersault/u-turn controls. Or at least to map them to the unused L button somehow.

That's not at all true and is actually pretty nonsensical, so I'm not even sure what you're doing wrong.

I'm facing away from the shield and holding forward. My boost is draining and makes the sound and the shield still manages to catch me and nail me a good chunk of the time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can you stop Wolf from gunning down Peppy? I absolutely demolished Pigma and the others and was chasing Wolf down and got him to 50% left. Then it cut to Peppy on the other side of the map crashing and I'm not sure if that was avoidable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That's the final boss. You just have other paths/levels/medals and whatnot to get after it.

• Locked thread