Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Any tips for Adventures? I know, I know but it's the only SF game I've yet to play.:spergin: It's pretty cool that such an old game has widescreen support.

Never not haggle with the shopkeep. Play ball with Tricky and forget about the rest of the plot. Rare already put widescreen support in some of their N64 titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Gotta justify the gimmick man, if you had radar you'd just use that every boss fight instead of struggling with a terrible control scheme that forces you to constantly look up and down between two screens

I just keep looking at the TV while enabling target mode to see where the boss is and then look at the rotation of the Arwing. Might not be as accurate, but it sure is easier. When fighting Star Wolf, you can just charge your laser and turn with a centered reticle, then when the lock-on starts happening you've pretty much turned enough.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

SylvainMustach posted:

This may sound dumb but is there a trick to turning quickly? I actually like the motion controls for shooting but when it comes to dogfights I feel like I can't catch anyone (or is that the point?)

Hold the right stick diagonally down in the direction you want to turn, so you're leaning left and braking when you want to do a sharp turn to the left. This'll reduce your turning radius a whole lot.

And otherwise it's just somersaults and U-turns all day long.

I played co-op with a friend for the first time yesterday and it was surprisingly fun for both players. I really liked that the one flying the Arwing also got a dinky little laser to shoot straight ahead with. It also kinda solved the problem of not knowing which screen to look at while playing.

• Locked thread