Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Direct-i, you so cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I would absolutely settle for a regular Arwing amiibo.

As for Krystal, she's always felt a bit "Sonic's Friends" to me. I wont miss her, and if they do something neat with her in the game, more's the better. I would like a level set on dinosaur planet though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think I'd really like it if this game had side stories. Like, after I beat the game, let me come back as Star Wolf and make all the messes Fox has to undo later. Actually, there's a good use for Krystal. Show me her leading a Saurian team of space fighters. Gimmie a triceratops wingman, or a velociraptor. She could be named Vel Clevagal.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ah dammit.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

2016 is going to be a good Nintendo year.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I KNOW, THE NX IS COMING OUT :allears:

Pft, more like Quaint Reaper.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

GameXplain gamexplains the Nintendo Direct footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjJLYQjDs74

I hadn't seen the GravMaster before, but that looks fun as hell.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is there any secret path in Aquas or is the trick to getting a medal just spamming torpedos?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Looper posted:

spam the gently caress out of those torpedoes

I just need 150, right?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Looper posted:

my sources say yes

also star fox assault was okay imo

It's definitely okay, but the art direction is megabad.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Little over a month until Star Fox Zero drops, lets get this hype train crashed into a supply depotgoing!

Miyamoto and Bill have been doing a lot of interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z6a8Oswk1s

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wellp, getting Falco.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Did they turn Venom into a planet buster?

Well, it certainly looks like Starkiller Base.

Man I hope those rumors are true. They sound loving excellent.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The 22nd can't get here soon enough! If there is online multiplayer mode, I expect to get a chance to shoot down Many Goons.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

^^^^^^^^

Bean posted:

I do hate motion controls, however. It'll take me weeks to not crash the arwing into the side of a Cornerian mountain side.

I've been operating under the assumption that the Arwing is flown with the sticks, and the motion controls are for aiming lasers. Or lazers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

When talking to people about Star Fox Zero, I get the feeling like some of them expected this specific evolution for the series. Like, being an on-rails shooter was just the limitations of the system, and it would be something like No Man's Sky or whatever. I don't get that. The point of the game is flying under arches is fun, shooting stuff down is fun, this is a carnival ride with boss battles. All the space Car Fox stuff is just the window dressing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrR_-nWE9Bg

50 questions about Star Fox get answered.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Still acclimating to the controls, but having a blast. The aerowing levels make me want to go buy a drone.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I should be looking at the gamepad for that, shouldn't I? I figured...

That's what I was missing too.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Playing Zoness co-op with my girlfriend. The opportunities for loving with the direct-i player are endless.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

George Lazenby posted:

Wait, all the bosses are seriously all-range? That's pretty sad if true, the on-rails bosses in 64 were fantastic.

It's maybe my least favorite thing about the game, especially when some of the bosses would have been a lot more fun on rails. Fortuna's boss being the most obvious in my opinion.

Anyway, multiplayer just adds so much to this game it's amazing. My girlfriend likes shooting without having to worry about flying, and I like flying without the added responsibility of shooting everything down. Co-op even had me wishing there were more Zoness type levels, because that poo poo is golden with 2 people.

EDIT: While I'm at it, here's what the game feels like it's missing. The chance to go back and play levels as Kat or Bill or even Wolf. Online 2 v 2 co-op multiplayer. A Sauria stage. One level with the Roadmaster (maybe the aforementioned Sauria stage). This last one might only apply to me, but I'd play a whole game where one person flew a gyrowing while the other traversed the stage as the Direct-i.

EDIT: I really want a sequel. Sadly, the Wii U wont be around for it.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 24, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

How do I get the fight with Andrew on the Colony?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

andipossess posted:

Do the Aquarosa fight and choose the Colony path instead of the Zoness path. It's not really a fight though.

Much obliged!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So is the game selling well enough to get a Star Fox 2nd Zero on the NX?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Well it is a thing. It's there. If you're not good.

Do you want me to come over and fly while you shoot?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

I never really thought of Fox as having a personality, but "completely over this poo poo" suits him surprisingly well.

Likewise, going full "My dad owns a dealership!" with Andrew Oikinny is perfect.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Does Sector Gamma have an alt route? The game wont let me fly into the portal

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's really good. One person uses a pro controller to fly the arwing while the other uses the gamepad as like a turret. Think Han flying while Luke shoots the Millennium Falcon.

By far my favorite part about SF0. It's so fun to split those duties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

All missions have a co-op function?

Were the controls that bad or was that just exaggerated

They can be very frustrating to adjust to. Ultimately, I think I would have been happier with a traditional Star Fox control scheme in single player.

• Locked thread