Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Larryb posted:

Is there an easier way to deal with the drones in areas like Sector Y and the Asteroid Belt? For example, is it possible to destroy the missiles before they release and latch on to the Great Fox?

Yes, you can pop the missiles before they spray drones on the Great Fox.

I just went through the portal on Titania. Holy crap! :allears:

:byodood: "BARREL ROLL! BARREL ROLL! BARREL ROLL!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
How do I unlock the last three missions in the fifth column? I assume one of them is a Fortuna mission for fragging Wolf fast enough that he doesn't send Peppy spiralling down to Titania, but have no clue for the last two.

Also Nintendo, if you're gonna remake Star Fox, why the hell did you forget the best second-best mission in the game (behind Area 6); The Forever Train? :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm starting to see what people are saying about the controls. If I could stick to one or the other I would be fine. It's the having to go back and forth that's throwing me off.

The only thing I don't like is when the game forces you into Target Mode for some bosses. It's already a player-controlled toggle, just leave it at that and let us choose :colbert:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

andipossess posted:

It's not only possible, you have to to unlock the Fortuna stage.

Actually you can get to Fortuna via the Salvadora.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

XavierGenisi posted:

Hey, does anyone know how to get to the extra mission in Sector Alpha? I know how to get the Aquarossa path, and how to get the Fortuna path, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

You see the Star Wolf pilot popping in to fly about? Lock onto them with ZL and see where it takes you.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jarogue posted:

You know, out of all the vehicles in Zero I'm surprised the Blue-Marine didn't make a return.

I'm surprised they bothered keeping the Gyro-Wing in the game when Walker Mode does everything it did, and keeps missions moving at a faster general pace.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Golden Goat posted:

Do we have a list of how to get some of the alternate paths? Also can you get a Arwing for the first gyro level?

:bravo:

Take the alternate path in Corneria (follow the ship to the coastline) and you get alternate versions of Area 3 AND Zoness using an Arwing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I honestly dont get what the problem they have with the controls is. It's exactly like Star Fox 64, the only change is being able to fine-tune your aim with the gyroscope.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Andross is a pretty reasonable boss. Cockpit mode highlights the platforms you can use to get inside if you can't spot them, and he has a massive tell and windup to flooding the inner chamber with purple death. Just sit in Walker Mode once inside and treat it like SF64's Andross fight.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I didn't really have any trouble finding my way inside, and Star Fox's ghost dad made sure to remind me multiple times about how great cockpit view is, my problem was that I couldn't reliably dodge the attack where he slams one hand down. No matter when I start dodging I'd still be in the way and it would hit me and knock me to the other side of the hand, where I would take damage a second time. Also because of the piddly damage on the single laser you respawn with and the reticle not lining up with where your laser actually shoots causing me to miss the first few shots it takes forever to actually blow up his hands. It's just an extremely boring fight and I don't understand why I can't just have a normal rear end Star Fox boss battle where I'm locked into two dimensions and fly around on the X and Y axis to dodge stuff. I'm sure I could finish it at this point but it wasn't fun and neither was the rest of the level preceding it so I'm not exactly raring to get back in.

Barrel roll, don't side-step, and you'll dodge the hand pretty easily.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Okay, how the hell are you meant to break 170 Hits for a medal on Venom? Best I managed was in the 130's.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Eagle posted:

Kill star wolf fast for 4 +30s, kill andross fast for a +30, then u-turn after you pass star dad during the escape and shoot andross in the back for a +10.

I figured out the last one, I think I was missing killing Andross fast enough. That last bit took a moment for me to figure out that, oh yeah, I'm still in All-Range Mode!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AdmiralViscen posted:

I don't understand why there isn't any radar in this game. At least put it in-world as part of the cockpit or something.

That really bugged me too, because it'd at least be useful for chasing dropped Rings and Lasers Upgrades in the big open stages.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SylvainMustach posted:

I was going to get the one that came out on the 3DS and then forgot about it. Now the prices for that seem a bit much.

Why not try the original N64 version of the same game on the WiiU eShop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Larryb posted:

Huh, so you can. So in other words the Gyrowing's inclusion in this game was completely pointless when they could have just given the Walker that ability from the start. In fact, since the Walker provides about the same functionality they didn't really need to put the Landmaster in the game either.

My personal theory is they cut then-planned Gyrowalker stuff because people responded poorly to it. What you get in-game is all that was ever shown in the previews and maybe half a mission more (the bit getting it in the prior one).

You shut your goddamn mouth about the Landmaster though :toughguy:.

• Locked thread