Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It says he's co-directer? Platinum seems a bit more involved in the game than what other people were saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

mabels big day posted:

Assault was a good game.

I remember the multiplayer being a lot of fun.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Watching the video, the dude said that you get double lock on when you get hyper lasers so maybe the falco ship actually gets you permanent hyper lasers plus the 3X damage.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

You know Platinum had a hand in this game when the rival fights get that extra touch of awesome.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I really want to play this game right now.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Just played the first level and I got a hot take for ya'll. It took me longer to get used to the controls in 64 3D than it did in Zero. Admittedly that might be because I had already gotten used to 64 3D and motion-controlled Splatoon, but by the end of the tutorial I felt pretty comfy with the controls. I really like how it feels. It's very fast and accurate, and I feel like I have this expanded sense of perspective and control. The target lock was a little weird, but I like being able to orient myself in relation to the enemy which I had a problem with in 64 3D.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

That guy was actually my first gold trophy so he can't be that bad.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Pro-tip for Lone Wolf: Use lock-on with the walker while Wolf is flying to melt his health away. The catch is that you basically can't dodge his special attack while in walker so be careful after he goes down to half health.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I like the little wing flaps when the walker is hacking especially in the air.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can you stop Wolf from gunning down Peppy? I absolutely demolished Pigma and the others and was chasing Wolf down and got him to 50% left. Then it cut to Peppy on the other side of the map crashing and I'm not sure if that was avoidable.

I didn't even know that that was a thing that could happen until I looked it up, so yes you can.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Angry_Ed posted:

Really the only part where I felt the transformation was forced was on Fuchina where you have to swap between Landmaster and Gravmaster in order to shoot those spider robots that flip over after taking some damage. However this can also be bypassed by just using the Landmaster's hover and lock-on to hit them when their weak point is topside.

You don't have to do either of those things to take out the spiders in a Landmaster. You can just charge a missile, lock-on, and then point your cannon up and release to curve your missile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

So what's the deal with the blue charge shot that you get it when you release right after the lock-on finishes? I'm not sure if it's more damage or wider blast radius, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

• Locked thread