Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Maybe it's just me but I liked the orchestral version from Assault a lot more :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2sGNGGEbOo

Szmitten posted:

Conversely: Naw, son.

The levels in Assault that were actual on-rails shooter levels were pretty good, the problem was that most of the game was on-foot levels and recycled multiplayer arenas because Nintendo made them spend way too much time on a multiplayer mode that nobody cared about because there was no online play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

NTT posted:

Assaults star wolf theme is the definitive version imo

Assault's soundtrack in general was amazing. I can't remember a game that made me so pumped at encountering a boss :hellyeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II28b7cjHK4

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

it's boring watching Nintendo fall into the same patterns with so many different franchises.

Aside from the Metroid franchise, where they keep doing different things with every installment and people are furious that it isn't just a glorified remake of Super Metroid :v:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
What is it with Nintendo games and people on the internet flipping out whenever a critic gives it anything other than sloppy blowjobs? Especially when it's before the game has even come out so they have absolutely no grounds to challenge them on it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Between Star Fox Assault and Star Wars: Rogue Leader 2 the Gamecube was the system for great space combat franchises tanking themselves by adding on-foot sections nobody asked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Star Fox Command let you record your own voice and then scramble it to make the gibberish that the pilots "speak", it was pretty cool.

• Locked thread