Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Moartoast posted:

Also, those wondering what critics would probably want when they say there should be more to a modern Star Fox,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Play co-op mode alone.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Snuffman posted:

Once I switched the controls to only-motion-when-firing everything clicked and I'm having a great time. :)

My only complaint is the gyrocopter doesn't feel right. The only level I've played with it, Zoness, felt really slow and un-Starfox-ish. Everything else seems solid though.

Maybe I'm just used to the motion control stuff from Splatoon? :shrug:

Zoness, and the level before it where you lead the Gigarilla, are the only levels that use the Gyrocopter anyway.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It's a fun diversion and later you can unlock the ability to play both levels as the Arwing anyway, so it's not even a waste of level asset creations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I enjoy hanging out with my good friends Gigarilla and Direct-i.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

raditts posted:

You can also cancel the attack if you just shoot the weak point enough. It's easiest to do when he does the two hand clap because his hand is close and he holds it in one place for a relatively long time.

I saved my bombs for when he did the one handed tractor beam attack.

Oh man I always forgot to use my bombs, that's perfect.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"You've been slipped!" Slippy Toad, Star Fox Zero

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It's funny you can beat Area 3 as the Arwing, and the game encourages you to do so with a medal, and there's a version of Zoness where you play as the Arwing, but beating Area 3 as the Arwing does not send you to Zoness as the Arwing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Larryb posted:

If you're talking about the first mission in Area 3 how do you complete it with just the Arwing? I thought you were forced into using the Gyrowing at a certain point.

Once you unlock the ability to hack the panels as the walker, you can just fly up to the panel at the top of the tower instead of going underground to get the Gyrowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Monolith. posted:

Just make a Star Fox Mass Effect with lots of space fighting, ground combat, and call it a day.

No, thanks.

• Locked thread