Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

murphyslaw posted:

So this just came out, kind of good timing I suppose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uieM18rZdHY

I think this qualifies as the mythical standard of "good fanart"?

This rules.

Also the game is really good and fun. I've been playing coop with my roommate. We just switch off who's flying/shooting every few missions. After doing that for an afternoon, playing the single player was a lot easier. Today we started trying to get all the medals. Is there much to do after that ? I mean besides the Black Arwing mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

The game controls quite similarly to Star Fox 64 Lylat Wars but with the gamepad for fine tuning, so for on rails sections I tend to hold the game pad and use it like a normal controller, occasionally re-calibrating. I've found I can play the on rails section just fine this way and only need to tilt the game pad slightly to quickly aim at targets not quite in view of my target reticle. I only really use the game pad for the free roam sections and even then its only for some of the free roam battles I feel I need to use the gamepad.

I do basically this, but switch the TV to cockpit view during the free roam sections and mostly ignore the gamepad screen.

The only times I actually look at the gamepad screen is during dogfights. I'll lock on and briefly glance down to find out where the enemy is when they're not in front of me.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Give it some time. When I first played, I died on Sector Alpha about 3 times and put it down for a bit. But after spending a weekend with it, things clicked.

Do you have a friend to co-op with? I found co-op with my roommate to be really fun, and switching off between flying and shooting lets you practice one without worrying about the other, then when you go back to single player they're both easier. Kinda like learning a song on Piano one hand at a time then combining the two once you've got them down.

• Locked thread