Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

how do they gently caress up this badly

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

zen death robot posted:

i got locked out of the game again and i can't even launch it if i go through a vpn

is this part of the game?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Online only games ftmw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

/me blasted back by a seismic wave of Fail AIDS as I realize the Arkham Knight pc port is 30 fps-locked

lmao

Soral
May 30, 2009

alfred: i have AIDs, sir.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Spoil the story for me pls I'm not going to get it until the goty edition

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'm only up to the bit where you race the Riddler in his underground racing complex.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Game runs really bad whenever you start gliding or driving the batmobile.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Driving the batmobile is cool, but doing the platforming is ghey. I groaned when I was gliding aorund and I could see a bunch of elevated perfectly flat tracks around the city.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its actually impressive how seamlessly batman transitions into a kart racer in one act into 2d platformer with time manipulating elements without ever feelnig forced

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Soral posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Soral posted:

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Scatman: Fartcum Shite

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

GBS

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They improved the fighting without really tacking poo poo on imo. They know it's all about juggling giant variations, and they stuff they added isn't just stronger versions of crap from the old games. Like if you get into a fight near your batmobile you can throw a dude into the air and shoot him out of the air with a rubber bullet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like the game, besides the motion blur and gross cummy depth of field. The batmobile is sick and most of the annoying tryhard cinematic poo poo I saw in the previews feels good in-game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I like the game, besides the motion blur and gross cummy depth of field. The batmobile is sick and most of the annoying tryhard cinematic poo poo I saw in the previews feels good in-game.

Yeah the batmobile feels really well done and I even did a few of the challenges. One thing I noticed is that staying in tank mode gives me cramps.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's badass that you can get the electrical gun by just stealing out of the evidence room 20 minutes in with no big tutorial or fanfare, lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The guy in the gamespot review that said there's no point to driving the batmobile because oyu can glide is dumb because it feels cool to drive and run down thugs and smash their cars to pieces.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

It's badass that you can get the electrical gun by just stealing out of the evidence room 20 minutes in with no big tutorial or fanfare, lol.

So there's an electrical gun I missed...interdasting.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dude, is this you?? Haha.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There's an "Officer Seaman" waiting outside GCPD I didn't take a screenshot of.. one of your friends, I presume.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Turn your monitor on.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

The Arkham Knight is Jason Todd, the second Robin who died at the hands of the Joker.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The villains they used in this one are awesome. Professor Pyg FTW.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I forgot to mention that as soon as I entered Ace Chemicals I glided down to ground level to see if I could fistfight the militia tanks. I died, however the game over screen was Two-Face instead of the Arkham Knight....WTF? I quit for the night because that poo poo made so little sense to me.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

/me blasted back by a seismic wave of Fail AIDS as I realize the Arkham Knight pc port is 30 fps-locked

I downloaded a loving game-ready driver for this?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

The villains they used in this one are awesome. Professor Pyg FTW.

no way hes in this?? cool

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

net cafe scandal posted:

I forgot to mention that as soon as I entered Ace Chemicals I glided down to ground level to see if I could fistfight the militia tanks. I died, however the game over screen was Two-Face instead of the Arkham Knight....WTF? I quit for the night because that poo poo made so little sense to me.

I died in Ace Chemicals and got the Riddler instead of Scarecrow or the Arkham Knight. Might be a glitch or something I guess.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its cool thst the first thing you do in a batman game is "kill" the joker

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

I downloaded a loving game-ready driver for this?

Going into the .ini and taking away the limit is pretty simple as HolePisser said. (Steam > steamapps > common > Batman Arkham Knight > BMGame > Config > BmSystemSettings)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

dark souls runs at 30 fps on pcs and people are happy to deal with it, and hell batmkjan is way bvetter than pukey old dark souls, a game that doesnt even have a grappling hook

Now you're just trolling.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i didnt mind dark souls beign 30 fps because i played it on ps3 before the pc port

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I actually believe that batman is better than Dark Souls. I am not making this up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Going into the .ini and taking away the limit is pretty simple as HolePisser said. (Steam > steamapps > common > Batman Arkham Knight > BMGame > Config > BmSystemSettings)

Here's another simple edit that can vastly improve your Batman: Arkham Knight experience on PC:

Steam > steamapps > common > Batman Arkham Knight Right click, Delete.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I actually believe that batman is better than Dark Souls. I am not making this up.

Well I disagree but I can respect the opinion in good faith I suppose.

Dec 26, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

i didnt mind dark souls beign 30 fps because i played it on ps3 before the pc port

i did because i played ds2 on pc, and ds with dsfix/60fps enabled

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Even if Dakr Souls wasn;t the worst PC port on the planet, worse than this nigh unplayable piece of rear end, I would rather play Arkham Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

batman is dark souls made by a western developer, the only people capable of making good games

• Locked thread