Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
And I don't mean missing a note here or there. I'm gonna just repost my post from the piano thread:

quote:

My first public performance was on Tuesday, it went well. So well that one of the people in the audience even got my contact information and recommended me for another thing that was happening tonight. I was going to play the same pieces as I did on Tuesday.

It was a disaster. I played the first piece (Metamorphosis 2) perfectly, and then forget everything halfway through Metamorphosis 4. I stopped and said "sorry only the first part tonight," bowed and sat back down. It was crushing. I stayed for everyone else and there were some great musicians but of course there was the terrible feeling the whole time. Now I'm back home and my head is just a mess. I played the song dozens of time this week, and never, not even once, did I forget everything the way that I did on stage there. I don't even feel like looking at my piano right now.

I sent a message to my tutor but haven't heard back yet, it's Saturday night so she's doing other things. I really just feel like I need to talk to someone who will understand so I'm writing this post. The moment of the gently caress up just keeps going through my head over and over again and I'll probably dream about it tonight.

It was my second time on stage, only some days after my first. Maybe it was just too much too fast (even though I was supposed to play the same loving pieces that I did the first time.) I can't explain it and I hope I don't drive myself crazy trying to.

Right now I don't feel like there is anyone I can communicate with about this. I really want to talk to my tutor but I don't think that's gonna happen tonight.

I'm thinking it will be therapeutic if I could hear some other examples of this sort of thing because right now I feel like I'm the only person this has ever happened to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread