Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
confederates who should of been hanged
Robert E. Lee
William J. Hardee
James Longstreet
Jefferson Davis
Nathan Bedford Forrest
P. G. T. Beauregard
John C. Breckinridge
View Results

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Raskolnikov38 posted:

As awful as Jackson was I don't think we should stop the treasury department's 90 year long troll of him.

Care to elaborate on this? It sounds interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Care to elaborate on this? It sounds interesting

Jackson hated the idea of central banking, so having his face on a federal reserve note is just an enormous gently caress you to everything he stood for.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Ah man I was hoping there was some secret message or something.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
The secret message is that a man that hated banking is on one of the most widely circulated banknotes in human history.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
hi idiots http://www.trainweb.org/seaboard/FLAG/confederateflag.htm

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Insect Court posted:

Put Harriet Tubman making GBS threads in John C. Calhoun's mouth on the $20 bill

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Pete Muggins posted:

Fillmore La Nov 25th 1860

Old Abe Lincoln
God drat your god damned of hellfire of god damned soul to hell god drat you and god drat your god damned family’s god drat hellfired god damned soul to hell and god damnation god drat them and god-drat your god drat friends to hell god drat their god damned souls to damnation god drat them and god drat their god drat families to eternal god damnation god drat souls to hell god drat them and God Almighty God drat Old Hamlin to go hell God drat his God damned soul God all over everywhere double drat his God damned soul to hell.
Now you God damned old abolition son of a bitch God damned you I want you to send me God drat you about one dozen good offices Good God almighty God drat your God damned soul and three or four pretty Gals God drat you you
And by doing God drat you
Will Oblige
Pete Muggins

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Read threads much?

Defenestration posted:

Why would you post this as a plain text thread and deny us the glory of this web 1.0 formatting?

http://www.trainweb.org/seaboard/FLAG/confederateflag.htm

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Caros posted:

Jackson hated the idea of central banking, so having his face on a federal reserve note is just an enormous gently caress you to everything he stood for.
That's not true though. He was opposed only to the excessively private structure of the 2nd BOTUS that allowed it to be controlled by and beneficial to individual, possibly foreign capitalists, and even floated some reform ideas which the Fed now embodies.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 22, 2015

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Defenestration posted:

Read threads much?

No

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He was an appalling monster in almost everything he did, but he did threaten to hang John C. Calhoun, and that ain't nothing.

Also his response to South Carolina's attempted treason was a great precedent for what Lincoln would do. Also frankly he actually did change things in the USA for the better I would argue. Unless you think having the presidency shift between Massachusets and Virginian families was a great idea.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 22, 2015

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

there are at least 22 people soft on unrepentant slaver and traitor robert e lee

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

The "should of" in the poll is a nice touch, OP.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I've posted this elsewhere but I'll do it again here.

Sherman had the right idea, he was just an underachiever.

The entire south should have been burnet to a smoldering ruin for treason, if not in the civil war than in 1876 when they held the presidency hostage by being a collection of sore losers.

You loving lost, but if you need another lesson then stop being pussies and actually rise up again instead of just taking about doing it.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh I blame Andrew Johnson for loving up Reconstruction

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
This is my favorite part of that original page

quote:

For the record... THIS is the true Confederate flag :
... and this is the seal of the Confederate States :
... NEITHER ONE OF WHICH show anything suggestive of racism, slavery, hatred or white supremacy on them!

William T Thompson, dude who designed that flag posted:

As a people we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause. ... As a national emblem, it is significant of our higher cause, the cause of a superior race, and a higher civilization contending against ignorance, infidelity, and barbarism. Another merit in the new flag is, that it bears no resemblance to the now infamous banner of the Yankee vandals.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

A Winner is Jew posted:

The entire south should have been burnet to a smoldering ruin for treason, if not in the civil war than in 1876 when they held the presidency hostage by being a collection of sore losers.

Isn't there an amendment for the constitution or something where the north was gracious enough to change the law to allow a one-time exemption for all the southern traitors which meant they didn't all get hanged?

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Gorilla Salad posted:

Isn't there an amendment for the constitution or something where the north was gracious enough to change the law to allow a one-time exemption for all the southern traitors which meant they didn't all get hanged?

Weakness.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

evilweasel posted:

there are at least 22 people soft on unrepentant slaver and traitor robert e lee

More concerned by people who don't think Forrest should of been hanged tbh

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

A Winner is Jew posted:

You'll have to bring that one up with the state of New York, sorry.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
There's one proper place for that flag of treason and murder: IN A loving FIRE.

Also where is the option for "All Confederate politicians and all rebel soldiers above the rank of private" in that poll? Because that's the right answer.

Imagine a world where Lincoln kept Hannibal Hamlin on as VP instead of elevating white supremacist scumbag Andrew Johnson. That honestly just might be the biggest self-inflicted mistake in the history of American politics.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
You know, just because Robert E. Lee and the rest are dead doesn't mean you can't despoil their graves. I say dig em up and hang their traitorous bones.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

Helsing posted:

You know, just because Robert E. Lee and the rest are dead doesn't mean you can't despoil their graves. I say dig em up and hang their traitorous bones.

Some cadaver synod poo poo could help heal our country.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tommah posted:

Some cadaver synod poo poo could help heal our country.

Dig up his horse too. Make Lee University weep.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

JonathonSpectre posted:

There's one proper place for that flag of treason and murder: IN A loving FIRE.

Also where is the option for "All Confederate politicians and all rebel soldiers above the rank of private" in that poll? Because that's the right answer.

Imagine a world where Lincoln kept Hannibal Hamlin on as VP instead of elevating white supremacist scumbag Andrew Johnson. That honestly just might be the biggest self-inflicted mistake in the history of American politics.

I dunno, there was that whole two terms of Reagan, and two terms of Dubya, thing. We've made lots of mistakes! :911:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is hanging truly an appropriate way to execute confederate leaders?

I was thinking more of death by boiling, Henry VIII style.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
Are we going to give Longstreet clemency since he later became a Republican and led a black militia against a group of terrorists that wanted to overthrow Louisiana's government?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Boil some rebel bones, throw in Lee's horse, you got yourself a nice stew goin'.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

seiferguy posted:

I say Bronze Bull is the only proper treatment of Confederate Leaders

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It seems a bit silly to pay $10 for a troll account, spend the time posting in GBS, and then make an obvious copy/paste troll, just too much time and money wasted, IMO.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Come back to the thread and fight me OP you coward!!

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
There's a difference between intended meaning and what people actually percieve. If youre a lovely writer/artist you have real trouble making these 2 align.

The Confederates were lovely artists.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

There's no need for ceremony when disposing of trash

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I am from the South.

I am a progressive, intelligent white person who is quite pissed off about all of the anti-South posting in SA lately.

Unfortunately, I recently found that according to a recently compiled genealogy that my mother's site of the family did indeed own several slaves. My mom also let slipped that my great grandfather was in the Klan and she accidentally came across a rally when she and her sister saw some light in the woods one evening when they were kids. She actually tried to explain how not everyone in the Klu Klux Klan was a "Bad person".

Should I embrace my inner redneck or continue to live the lie that I am not part of the problem?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Spiderfist Island posted:

Are we going to give Longstreet clemency since he later became a Republican and led a black militia against a group of terrorists that wanted to overthrow Louisiana's government?

I've already suggested we do, plus it would have the bonus effect of really infuriating the Lost Causers, since they retroactively assigned him status of Benedict Arnold/Judas goat of the confederacy for the reasons you state.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I don't know about hanged, but the government took Lee's land and made it into a graveyard for war dead. That seems fair.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Keith Stone posted:

I am from the South.

I am a progressive, intelligent white person who is quite pissed off about all of the anti-South posting in SA lately.

Unfortunately, I recently found that according to a recently compiled genealogy that my mother's site of the family did indeed own several slaves. My mom also let slipped that my great grandfather was in the Klan and she accidentally came across a rally when she and her sister saw some light in the woods one evening when they were kids. She actually tried to explain how not everyone in the Klu Klux Klan was a "Bad person".

Should I embrace my inner redneck or continue to live the lie that I am not part of the problem?

Haha how are you feeling about that anti-South posting now? Why don't you put on a tall hood about it like your mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

SedanChair posted:

Haha how are you feeling about that anti-South posting now? Why don't you put on a tall hood about it like your mom.

edit: just read what I responded. The Confederacy may have been 150 years ago, but poo poo still happens.

Richard Cabeza fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 22, 2015

• Locked thread