Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Qwerinty posted:

maybe an example is good, i did this last fall and while afterwards i kinda hated it, now i look back fondly at it. i made it from a broken gamecube, a broken camcorder lens, a destroyed laptop hdd, old shoes i wore down to nothing, hand grips of some crutches that i ended up putting back on and donating, my biking gloves, the case and lid of a brass compass that never pointed north, or in any direction in particular.

look at that pile of poo poo.

omg

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

dogcrash truther
that;'s real good

i am he

i remember that

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

i am he posted:

i remember that

it took me awhile to find in the archives, you can't search them, and apparently i lost the photo between laptops somewhere.

anyways, that's something people struggling to post well can do, along with talk about something they are knowledgeable about if it is interesting, like raising bees, or urban planning, or anomalous thrust (lol), because those are excellent threads from byob that aren't necessarily funny

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

dogcrash truther
i would definitely like to know more about gunky junket and what she does for her hobbies

dogcrash truther

bog pixie

i am he

Ace of Baes

----------------

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

Cool namechange. It's chill, and dope

weird

by zen death robot

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

lol

FreshCutFries

gunky junket sent me a super long pm about my avatar once, and I replied back, but she never replied to my reply, and it hurt my feelings. curse gunky junket and her cold Australian heart.

Ralp

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She doesn't like this thread and she is probably going to be permabanned instead of accepting help.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
:negative:

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Qwerinty posted:

maybe an example is good, i did this last fall and while afterwards i kinda hated it, now i look back fondly at it. i made it from a broken gamecube, a broken camcorder lens, a destroyed laptop hdd, old shoes i wore down to nothing, hand grips of some crutches that i ended up putting back on and donating, my biking gloves, the case and lid of a brass compass that never pointed north, or in any direction in particular.

look at that pile of poo poo.

please come post with us ms. junket

Diqnol

It'd be cool if Gunky Junket posted in this thread. Maybe if we can get Spanish Manlove to post here quoting Ralp it might be enough of an incentive?

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't force it.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
is this postign school

treasure bear

i made this a couple of years ago

dogcrash truther

Cumt posted:

i made this a couple of years ago

don't lie. you made that today

Miss Psychosis

[In a perfect impersonation of the box creatures voice] I'm 6 years old.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Yesterday I rode a bike on a gravel path for 12 miles in search of a pint of cider.

Today I'm tearing apart the engine in my tiny tiny old (very old - 1969 (the sex year)) car to find the source of the magic (or perhaps curse??) that has kept it running so well for so long.

YeahSo!

by Lowtax
Okay, I'll play this game.. but only for a hot minute. ('coz Ralp knows drat well this poo poo in here now is gonna get me banned; it doesn't take an Einstein to see what the problem actually is)

BYOB, can you please tell me what is so bad here with this post of mine?

Gunky Junket posted:

I'm not really sure how e-joboxing translates but, if I may say so myself, I'm somewhat of a jobox superstar in the lucrative business world of joboxing. At risk of bragging, here's a few of my success stories.

Here's Harold...

I got Harold a terrific placement with a rich old lady who would outlay large sums of money for him to maintain her wacky hair-do...

Then there was Eddie. Well, Eddie was somewhat of a permanent placement, but by geez he worked a treat and is still a much loved addition in that position. Here's Eddie going off to work, with client, on his first day...

And here's Eddie now, with client, after he was properly groomed for his position..

Of course there's also Leonardo (you may have already heard of him). Ol' Leo is just a rock star celebrity type, famous for just being Leo. The chicks dig him and he just laps up the attention...

In the interests of honesty and full disclosure, I will say that there was one time that I had a bit of trouble with a client and things didn't quite go according to plan. I do take full responsibility, it was my own fault - it was a hot Summer; I let the ox get a bit too familiar; and he forgot he was supposed to be working.

You see, some of the potential recruits were treated like family and we'd take them down to the lake with us on those long hot days. Without boring you with too many details, frolicking in the water was confused by the ox to be activities when on the job.. he zigged when he should have zagged. Eg...

Equated to...

But, having a reputation to uphold, as well as contracts to fill, I still got that ox another job - just a placement in another field of expertise is all. Eg...

Protocols have since been put in place and implemented to ensure that there'll never be a repeat of that incident, and (to date) there has not been.

What I'm saying here is that, well as you can see my resumé pics speak for themself, I've got a really good track record when it comes to joboxing; I'm quick and efficient.. they call me "ja boxina", ask around. So, if you've got a herd down the back paddock, that needs to be put to work, then come see me. I've got contacts in high places. I'll hook your ox with a job, no worries.

Kind Regards,

Ja Boxina.

(Attn Mods: this post isn't an advertisment per se; I'm just mentioning my services with no rates outlined, therefore it needn't be in SA-Mart forum. Sorry if I'm mistaken, it won't happen again.)

----------------

YeahSo!

by Lowtax
Or can you please tell me what is so bad about my posts here:

I made up a Knock Knock joke in a thread to add to the absurdity...

YeahSo! posted:

Knox, Knox.

Who's there?

A man.

A man who?

Just a man, duh!

I went back and poked my nose in there a couple of days later, still the same nonsense, so this time I popped out some limmericks...

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

come home to america miss knox, i have a gift for you

YeahSo! posted:

There once was an assassina named Knox,
Whose roommate was laid to rest in a box.
She swore black and blue
That her innocence was true,
Paving her way to go home to suck cocks.

YeahSo! posted:

There once was a doctor named Tim,
Whose ballsack was filled to the brim,
He so wanted Amanda
Despite murdress slander,
Now his life-expectancy prognosis is grim.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

[quoting my previous post]

req this + sexy amanda as a new av

The problem here with my posting is... what exactly?

Sidenote: Not long after that post, Ralp yet again took action against my account. Users who cry loudest against me never fail to check out my posts.. and then poo poo like this happens - graverobbers going through my posts a coupla days after probe/ban/site block, lifting my ideas to use themselves...

FactsAreUseless posted:

There once was a man named Taint Reaper
Who everyone thought was a creeper
He posted real bad
But nobody got mad
His posts just made them all sleepier

*laffn* =)

----------------

Ace of Baes
i like the post

----------------

YeahSo!

by Lowtax
Or this short page and a half thread:

Why is white person,Ralp, so bad?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714365

I made four comments in that thread, (none saying anything bad about Ralp), one of which collected these posts after it:

Rambling Robot posted:

lol.

great work.

So, what's the problem here with my posting that is so objectionable?

----------------

Ace of Baes
i think maybe you would be better liked and accepted if you didnt pm anyone, or post long weird rants about the sites admins and users in qcs

----------------

Looke

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Yesterday I rode a bike on a gravel path for 12 miles in search of a pint of cider.

Today I'm tearing apart the engine in my tiny tiny old (very old - 1969 (the sex year)) car to find the source of the magic (or perhaps curse??) that has kept it running so well for so long.

how did your quest go, nobel knight?

Ace of Baes
your posting style reminds me of manic depressives or schizophrenic people gunky junket, do u take any kind of medication, also do u have a normal life job friends etc.???

----------------

YeahSo!

by Lowtax

Thingyman posted:

gunky junket sent me a super long pm about my avatar once, and I replied back, but she never replied to my reply, and it hurt my feelings. curse gunky junket and her cold Australian heart.

Ha! I was meant to reply to you, but something happened which distracted me.. no doubt it was a Ralp probe/ban of some sort.

Sorry that I forgot about it, Thingy. My bad. :D

----------------

dogcrash truther

YeahSo! posted:

Okay, I'll play this game.. but only for a hot minute. ('coz Ralp knows drat well this poo poo in here now is gonna get me banned; it doesn't take an Einstein to see what the problem actually is)

BYOB, can you please tell me what is so bad here with this post of mine?

IT's way too long,f or one

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Ace of Baes posted:

your posting style reminds me of manic depressives or schizophrenic people gunky junket, do u take any kind of medication, also do u have a normal life job friends etc.???

i was going to say this. it's really disjointed and i don't really understand what's going on in that post with the images.

Also, that second image, the one with the lady with the hair, I'm pretty sure I saw her in Denver. She was well known around the 16th st mall area, because of hair like that, and that photo looks to be somewhere in the ballpark neighborhood.

----------------

dogcrash truther

YeahSo! posted:

Or this short page and a half thread:

Why is white person,Ralp, so bad?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714365

I made four comments in that thread, (none saying anything bad about Ralp), one of which collected these posts after it:

So, what's the problem here with my posting that is so objectionable?

Ddid you get banned or probated for those posts?

YeahSo!

by Lowtax

dogcrash truther posted:

IT's way too long,f or one

I disagree. Cut the pics out and there is not all that much left to that post. People make posts on here with ten times the amount of text that I've got there, and twice as long. If you have problems with a handful of pictures in a post then perhaps the Internet just isn't your thing.

----------------

Miss Psychosis

YeahSo! posted:

I disagree. Cut the pics out and there is not all that much left to that post. People make posts on here with ten times the amount of text that I've got there, and twice as long. If you have problems with a handful of pictures in a post then perhaps the Internet just isn't your thing.

:swish:

Diqnol

Gunky, what led you to this website and why do you stay when the administration does not see eye to eye with you? I ask this only out of genuine curiosity, please do not read into this elsewise!

YeahSo!

by Lowtax

dogcrash truther posted:

Ddid you get banned or probated for those posts?

And here we get to the crux of the matter! I'm glad you brought it up, not me (I was threatened with ban if I did).

Ralp:

quote:

learn how to post in a manner that does not get you probated or banned.

Ralp:

quote:

THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU POST IS UNSUITABLE FOR THESE FORUMS

My eight months of probe/ban history:

Ralp: 16 - 9 Probie; 6 Ban; 1 Site Block/view only BYOB
(dates regular, routinely throughout my eight months here; doing probe/ban every 1-15 days when I'm out of Leper's, having the fortnight-max freedom allowed to me)

Blunt: 3 - Probie 16&21/05/15; 01/06/15
(PYF; that last one there, for 1month, was slapped on banned dead Zanshin four days after my last post in his forum and acct was sitting under ban from Ralp in QCS days ago)

Gnarly: 1 - 03/23/15 Probie
(Comp. loser)

D'crash: 1- 03/05/15 Probie
(BYOB, 6hrs)

Loboz: 3 - 12/28;29;30/14 Probie
(BYOB IK, 6hrs)

Xylo: 1 12/14/14 - Ban
(for sending him a PM, the second one only I'd ever sent him, asking to check Franco 1month probe, since he was approving admin, and thats what Rule page says to do - mod had gotten confused between feet and a vagina, and made a mistake)

Franco: 1 12/14/14 Probie (1month, cancelled same day; Vaginal Toes)

3rd/4th. ***FbnLes: 2 - 12/05/14 Probie (but same time/incident)*** This is the MOST RECENT instance I have been probated as punishment in GBS, where I post the most — that is SEVEN MONTHS AGO! And all four of these are nooblet within one month of joining.

2nd. ZStar: 1 11/25/14 - Probie

1st. SwBm: 1 11/05/14 - Probie
(IK, 6hrs)

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

this isn't going anywhere fast. why don't we just start over. hi gynky, welcome to byob. do you have any hobbies, pets, or cool things to talk about?

• Locked thread