Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Yeah but is the rod strong enough? Piston strong enough? Needle bearings strong enough? How do I even know, without running it until it blows up? I'm not at RedBull Racing levels of financing such that I'm comfortable using that method. Maybe I should try calling TAG Heuer and Santander and see what kind of cash I can get, though.

I worked up the Arduino code today for the thing. Been a long time since I wrote any code and never used an Arduino before. Wondering if it's inefficiently written enough that it'll cause processing speed problems at 12000rpm. Or whatever else might be wrong with it. Won't be able to find out until the top end comes back from the machinist and the frame comes back from the bodywork guy.

http://pastebin.com/iiVKc4ps

The two things that stand out to me are that you can save a couple of milliseconds by doing direct port manipulation instead of digitalWrite(), and that I think you could get rid of the if statement inside your interrupt handler with some other code structure since the vast majority of the time it's going to be skipped anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread