Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

How the gently caress did I miss this thread? Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wowzers, 24mm seems massive for an engine that tiny.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I picked it because I saw another guy at the track with the same engine and he had that same carb on it. Also it's a flatslide and it looks awesome. But today I went back to the original (~17mm) on it and peak hp was exactly the same and the low end was much better. Only problem is that carb is almost impossible to tune, it has jets I've never seen before and can't find in any of our catalogs. I wanna try a more aggressive pipe but thinking we may need to buy a proper performance carb in the 18mm range too.

Wouldn't an 18mm off something like my 100 be enough for your purposes? With different jetting of course. I can't imagine your build will be so insanely powerful that you need a carb bigger than an engine twice the size has. Or are you specifically attached to the idea of a flat slide?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That program looks absolutely fantastic.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

If you think about it, those crank bearings are way, way over-built for how much power the engine actually makes which probably explains why nothing went wrong.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Pulled the motor apart today.

Amazingly there is no case gasket in this thing. The manufacturing is so good that they just used a little RTV and that's all it takes to keep the bottom end and gearbox perfectly sealed.

I can't tell if you're joking or not but that's...pretty normal, I guess? Or do you mean it's unusual for an ancient two-stroke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My MB100 is from 1980 and has no case gasket. Got an iron sleeve in an alloy barrel though. Looks extremely similar to your engine structurally too, even down to the plastic oil pump gear.

• Locked thread