Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe it's the camera angle/size of the image but that's pretty impressive quality for a brush job.

However uh you're not using the pro-backyard racer choice of Rustoleum so you have negative racing points already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I'm kind of curious about the exhaust - are you going to take an existing 50cc exhaust setup and cut-and-weld it back together to fit it on the bike, or are you going to fab up your own solution? I'm kind impressed to see that those 50cc tuning pipes exist and look like they're made pretty well, although they're expensive.

Also why the hell did Yamaha make the bike's front forks so hilariously tall? Looking at the stock bike photos it almost looks like they were saying to themselves "hey, Americans love cruisers, so let's make a cruiser out of a 50cc 2-stroke bike" which anyone with 3 brain cells would've called "a hilariously lovely idea" but yeah.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I'm an EFI idiot so I'm lost in the carb chat here, but I just wanted to say the dyno video is everything I wanted it to be. :allears:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
The custom ignition thing is cool as hell and you need to update on your progress with it. Stupid question, though and I think you covered it before but I'm an idiot and can't search to save my life - what's the redline on this thing? From what I remember from playing with my arduino it's pretty easy to confuse it when things are happening fast, but for all I know it could be more than capable of handling 14k RPM in a 2 stroke motor.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
If you're not cheatin', you're not tryin'. :clint:

That said, you gonna post up some before-and-after dyno videos and show us that obscene torque curve?

• Locked thread