Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Had a drag race today against a Buddy 50 scooter with a Prima pipe. (it's a p. fast scooter if you're not aware, bro) I won. So I'm feeling optimistic.

Bought a copy of this thing http://www.buildandclick.com/html/tuned_pipe.html and ran the numbers on it. It came up with a pipe that seems surprisingly not that aggressive. Meaning the width of the expansion chamber at its widest is not nearly as wide as the Prima pipe on the above mentioned scooter. I thought that was kinda funny. From the reading I've done, it sounded like for peak HP you'd want a diffuser cone with a wide outlet and a baffle cone with a sharp taper. Maybe it depends on port timings which I assume are rather conservative on this bike. But I'm thinking about trying the hydroforming technique on the software's prescribed pipe this winter.

If I was gonna build that pipe, I would do it this way:
  • Construct the shape from a series of sheet metal rings in CAD or with paper
  • Laser or plasma cut the flattened rings from stainless steel sheet (metal supply places can do the cutting)
  • Use a ring roller to roll the sheet metal into circles (HF sells a small ring roller)
  • TIG weld the rings together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread