Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

A group of posters, who will remain nameless, seem intent on steering this thread away from it's values and principles and towards anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

kustomkarkommando posted:

i tihnk we need to have a serious discussion about anime entryism in the chat thread

Anime is a bourgeoisie affectation.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Dreylad posted:

the uneasy posting before the thread closes
:justpost:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

A group of posters, who will remain nameless, seem intent on steering this thread away from it's values and principles and towards anime
:nitecrew:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why are the queen and hulk destroying Wilmington Delaware

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Will anime help the working man improve his life? No I say

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/08/west-point-william-bradford/403009/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just accept animes and let them wash over you like a sweet summer shower

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nutranurse posted:

he's prolly gonna be an absentee dad like goku

Nah he's a good dad

There's a comic about it

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
People who worry about immigrants have low intelligence

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

The Atlantic posted:

According to Bradford, these CLOACA scholars (try saying that aloud with a straight face) are wielding their expertise in “the service of Islamists seeking to destroy Western civilization and re-create the Caliphate.”

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

SedanChair posted:

People who worry about immigrants have low intelligence

the concept of general intelligence is a bourgeoisie affectation

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

we must be heard

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

To suppress this “fifth column”—which is his actual term for fellow academics with whom he disagrees—Bradford offers a range of options. First, he suggests introducing loyalty oaths and firing “disloyal scholars.” Next, he recommends charging them with material support of terrorism and even treason. He even suggests treating these American academics as “unlawful enemy combatants,” a legal term used to deny Taliban and al-Qaeda fighters the protections of U.S. and international law.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
2022 BCE: Ur–Amorite wars continue, and will continue for another 12 pages/years.

Seriously, it's weird to think that hundreds if not thousands of people died fighting in a war that has zero easily accessible history. The people died fighting for something, they had lives, names, hopes, dreams, and probably a belief in some sort of higher entity, and we basically don't know anything about them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's some hosed up shot sinnloss

Like how much could ISIS even be paying these dudes

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

lol this is gold

quote:

Yet to conclude, based on correlations of military forces, that Islamists have abandoned an existential struggle they began in 674 A.D., when an Islamist army besieged Constantinople in a bid to subjugate dar al-Harb to dar al-Islam, would be a dire strategic error.

i'm reading all of this craziness

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

That's some hosed up shot sinnloss

Like how much could ISIS even be paying these dudes

These are the thoughts of a West Point law professor, its going to be hosed up.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

On 9/11, a quest for global domination begun in the 7th century entered a more violent phase, and Islamists, heartened by U.S. restraint in response to a generation of probing attacks, regained the offensive.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

2022 - Buck Bokai plays a season for a Tanis baseball team and hits thirteen home runs. (DS9: "The Storyteller")

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

West Pinot has a law school?!?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
oh, and because it can't be said enough, ban/perma-probate MIGF

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

fade5 posted:

oh, and because it can't be said enough, ban/perma-probate zoux

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fade5 posted:

2022 BCE: Ur–Amorite wars continue, and will continue for another 12 pages/years.

Seriously, it's weird to think that hundreds if not thousands of people died fighting in a war that has zero easily accessible history. The people died fighting for something, they had lives, names, hopes, dreams, and probably a belief in some sort of higher entity, and we basically don't know anything about them.

I wager 100 quatloos on the bounty hunter with a gun

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sinnlos posted:

These are the thoughts of a West Point law professor, its going to be hosed up.

quote:

The abstract is strewn with thinly-veiled references to President Obama, asking, for example, “What conditions precedent would be required before the American military would be justified in using or threatening force to oust a U.S. president attempting to ‘fundamentally transform the United States of America’?” Although describing it simply as a “heuristic test of a proferred theory,” it also wonders aloud, “Is such a duty incumbent upon the U.S. armed forces at present?”

lol

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

fade5 posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

2022 - Buck Bokai plays a season for a Tanis baseball team and hits thirteen home runs. (DS9: "The Storyteller")
I should have thought of this, dammit

Well, we hopefully have many pages to go

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

fade5 posted:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Make a thread called zoux's imaginary girlfriend, only zoux and migf can post in it, and it's the only place they can post.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

quote:

“Threatening Islamic holy sites might create deterrence,”

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
isis famously protects islamic holy sites

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

A more serious charge is that U.S. “war crimes” recruit more Islamists than U.S. military action has killed and captured, and that detainee recidivism results from “torture” in U.S. detention. Apart from methodological problems in substantiating this claim, attribution of responsibility for the presence of homicidal Islamists on foreign battlefields and in U.S. cities to U.S. practices post-dating 9/11, rather than to the inspiration of an evil ideology, betrays gross ignorance of the spiritual foundations of jihad and unconscionable eagerness to blame the victim

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
isis commanders after destruction of the kaaba:

"are base" *dissolves into grey goo*

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

lol there is a section named "Cosmopolitanism"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad