Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Anime is this generations soma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Jagchosis posted:

isis famously protects islamic holy sites
ISIL blows up irreplaceable historic temples in Palmyra, we blow up ISIL

circle of life death

Seriously, it's loving depressing to think how much ancient history is being lost at Palmyra
that rear end in a top hat Assad couldn't even do one loving useful thing and hold onto Palmyra, when everyone knew ISIL was gonna start breaking the ruins if they took them

Have a not-depressing anime picture:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Dreylad posted:

taking me back to the "glass mecca!!" posts of the early 00s

good thing the saudis did it for us

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Anime is this generations soma

i assume this is insulting it

eat $hit h8rs

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The West must wage total war. A counterinsurgency using low-intensity military force augmented by nation-building, rule-of law development, and armed social work projects in the hope of transitioning the Islamic world to governance regimes less likely to
spawn future generations of Islamists has failed. Total war requires far more against an enemy hostile to Western constitutional democracy and bent on conquest. All instruments of national power—including conventional and nuclear force and PSYOPs— must be harnessed to win two decisive battles: (1) an offensive, to capture the hearts and minds of Islamic peoples, break their will to fight for Islamism, and leave them prepared to coexist with the West or be utterly eradicated, and (2) a defensive, to prevent Islamists from capturing the hearts and minds of peoples of the West, breaking their will to fight, and submitting the West to Islamism or eradication.

migf is this you

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jagchosis posted:

good thing the saudis did it for us

nice.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

fade5 posted:

Seriously, it's loving depressing to think how much ancient history is being lost at Palmyra
that rear end in a top hat Assad couldn't even do one loving useful thing and hold onto Palmyra, when everyone knew ISIL was gonna start breaking the ruins if they took them

destroying palmyra is something that is harming literally every generation going forward. its loving unconscionable

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Dreylad posted:

taking me back to the "glass mecca!!" posts of the early 00s

i feel like the saudis have done a good enough job of this on their own

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Assad hid the super ultra valuables and Isis tortured the 85 year old guy in charge of palmyra for a month without him telling them where they were

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

nope it's literally a hour long cut scene at the end of the game

This is what turned me off of that zenosaga game way back when

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
2023 BCE: Ur–Amorite wars continue, and will continue for another 11 pages/years.

Now I want to learn more about the Ur-Amorite wars, to see what was so goddamn important that they had to fight for 30 years.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

WoodrowSkillson posted:

destroying palmyra is something that is harming literally every generation going forward. its loving unconscionable

the archaeologists who have been trying to look after these sites, being tortured, getting executed are some of the bravest people on this planet atm.

its amazing how completely irredeemable isis is, from the sex slavery to the ethnic cleansing to the destruction of important archaeological sites

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

2023 - Bokai plays his first season of baseball for the Seibu team. He hits an impressive twenty-one home runs this season. (DS9: "The Storyteller")

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

UberJew posted:

chat thread is like human sacrifice but you kill the participants very slowly rather than immediately

Like alcohol

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Jagchosis posted:

i assume this is insulting it

eat $hit h8rs

should have used an argento soma gif

that was a loving weird show but it had some cool bits you could gif

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Luigi Thirty posted:

Assad hid the super ultra valuables and Isis tortured the 85 year old guy in charge of palmyra for a month without him telling them where they were

that guy should get a UN medal or a nobel prize or something

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Dreylad posted:

the archaeologists who have been trying to look after these sites, being tortured, getting executed are some of the bravest people on this planet atm.

its amazing how completely irredeemable isis is, from the sex slavery to the ethnic cleansing to the destruction of important archaeological sites

the torture and slavery and murder are worse, but destruction of such sites just sickens me as its so emblematic of their complete lack of respect for humanity

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
fortunately the fact that torture doesn't work is just as true for daesh as it is for us

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

I have to give that dude (Khaled al-Asaad, no relation to Bashar) loving props, he literally protected Palmyra with his life, dude was awesome as hell

At least he isn't around to see more stories of ISIL blowing stuff up:smith:

Dreylad posted:

can you award them posthumously? (serious question)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Dreylad posted:

well his head is on a pole in the amphitheater so

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
warner bros. cartoons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvE6ZiRRhDw

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Dreylad posted:

How the gently caress do you handle a month of torture and not give up some items of antiquity

What a strong willed individual

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

WoodrowSkillson posted:

the torture and slavery and murder are worse, but destruction of such sites just sickens me as its so emblematic of their complete lack of respect for humanity

they say its' because they're pagan sites, but given how patchwork their religious beliefs are, it pretty much comes down to "this is gonna make people mad lol"

Luigi Thirty posted:

posthumously, obviously.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Isis might as well throw qurans up in the air and play boggle with the pages it falls open to, their interpretation of Islam might be more consistent with anything ever

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fade5 posted:

can you award them posthumously? (serious question)

it's rare but it has happened with the nobel prize.

i dunno if there's a nobel category that makes sense, not that they always make sense anyway, but still I hope there's some recognition because that guy is a supreme badass

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

I can't tell if you're kidding or not

It wouldn't even loving surprise me to know ISIL did something like that

Pictured: something still less hosed up that ISIL

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Luigi Thirty posted:

2023 - Bokai plays his first season of baseball for the Seibu team. He hits an impressive twenty-one home runs this season. (DS9: "The Storyteller")

isn't 2023 also the year of the bell riots?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

How the gently caress do you handle a month of torture and not give up some items of antiquity

What a strong willed individual

Dude deserves every goddamn medal and recognition any country can give him. Guy is a loving hero.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

isn't 2023 also the year of the bell riots?

No that's 2024 you BAKA

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

fade5 posted:

he's not kidding

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

bonus points: he was one of the only people in the world who could speak Akkadian

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

UberJew posted:

he's not kidding

yeah, isis literally are movie villians

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
well, to be fair

it was his body that was strung up on a pole while his head was put on the ground beneath him

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fade5 posted:

they beheaded him and hung his body

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
so you know, not literally a head on a spike just mostly

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

isis is literally comic book evil

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

have we considered nuking their asses and then taking their gasses

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

UberJew posted:

should have used an argento soma gif

that was a loving weird show but it had some cool bits you could gif

havent heard of it, plus ive restricted myself to madoka gifs until the thread dies

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

isis is literally comic book evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

UberJew posted:

so you know, not literally a head on a spike just mostly