Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LoSesMC
Feb 13, 2009
Nice OP. I look forward to trying this out when I upgrade my main PC. I first tried this on an Asus A53E laptop I was borrowing from my mother, but used Chameleon, Unibeast and Multibeast and was never able to get it working to a really usable level. Recently I bought an HP ProBook 6560b and followed the instructions that came with the ProBook installer packages (Easy mode, I know) and it works like a dream!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoSesMC
Feb 13, 2009
So I've just run into a dilemma...

Running OSX Yosemite on an HP Probook through Clover

I was in class fighting with Parallels ceasing to work (Virtualization/VT-D was suddenly "disabled", which happened before and just took a reinstalled), after uninstalling, reinstalling it and still having no success, I decided to give VirtualBox a try, and I was getting the same type of error.

So I boot into BIOS and see that virtualization on the CPU is disabled there, although I remember having it on and having it work for months prior. I turn it back on, save and exit and now the laptop will only boot into Clover, then just reboot when I try to boot into OSX or the use the recovery option.

Tried to boot in verbose mode but barely see 5 lines of messages for a second before the whole thing reboots.

I still have the install USB ready if I have to reinstall and most anything important is stored in the cloud, but I really don't feel like starting over if I don't have to.

I appreciate any help that can be given.

LoSesMC
Feb 13, 2009

enMTW posted:

Reset your bios settings, set them back up like you previously had them, try to boot. Sounds like one of the many many laptop-specific issues.

Yeah, it looks like the BIOS was extra sensitive to button-clicks and me click save carried over to turning off Data Execution Prevention (!). I got it booting up but was something messed up Apple Intel CPU Management, so I whipped out the trusty install USB and booted up through that to install the latest HP Clover installer package for my laptop model, and I'm good to go.

LoSesMC
Feb 13, 2009
I've gotten updated and everything is working fine, though I did have a confused moment where I didn't realize that OS X had booted from the installer and thus didn't have the drivers for WiFi or sound. A quick reboot and launch from my normal Clover partition sorted that out.

The San Francisco font looks way better on my basic-rear end resolution laptop monitor than Helvetica Neue did.

• Locked thread