Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
My Chameleon setup was giving me a kernel panic on the reg, so I decided to redo my entire Mac partition with Clover. I was able to get everything working except for audio and the USB 3.0 ports, and I just can't seem to figure out how to fix either.

The audio is the main concern. I'm using a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA1155 mobo which has both VIA VT2021 and High Definition Audio listed under its audio, but the usual HDA patching isn't doing anything for me. From what I've seen people have been able to mess with the DSDT to get it working, but I tried followed their steps and nothing happened. My previous build experience doesn't help me cause I used VoodooHDA there and I feel like it might've been the root of my problems so I'd like to avoid it. I can't find anything useful for fixing the USB 3.0 at all.

I might just settle for a USB sound card but I worry about the audio quality with those. And I'd need my 3.0 ports to work before I can even plug it in.

Unfortunately most of this stuff goes right over my head so I can't figure out the problems on my own. I've only gotten this far because of how useful these threads are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

enMTW posted:

That board does not have natively supported audio. You have to use Voodoo. USB3 is also weird on that board. Are you using El Cap or Yosemite? El Cap has issues with USB on unsupported boards, if you are having that problem this guide may help. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

If using Yosemite, install this and USB will work again: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads

Though you should really get a different Gigabyte board if you want OS X to work well. :\

I'm using Yosemite, and at first that solution didn't work either. Keyboard, mouse, flash drives, nothing would show up when plugged in. Then I plugged my keyboard in through the USB extender and now everything works fine. :psyduck:

You're probably right about the board, but hopefully Clover will help this one out. So far I haven't had a kernel panic and that's encouraging.

• Locked thread