Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lignicolos
Dec 6, 2001

the link in the paragraph below to the commit browser doesn't work because there is a , in the URL.

"I want to update Clover. How do I do that?

When you install Clover, it offers to install a PrefPane. That is the official way to update. I'm not a fan of that though, as those builds are always a few days old. If you see a fix you want in https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefi...commit_browser, chances are good it is not in the latest release build. The PrefPane is a perfectly reasonable way to update (even more normal: don't update unless something is broken and you know the current build fixes it). That said..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lignicolos
Dec 6, 2001

oohhboy posted:

It doesn't work. Modifying the installer in anyway breaks it. Installing Clover on it is modifying it which breaks it. It's not a suggestion.

Just to comment, I used the createinstallmedia command to create my usb Yosemite installer. Then I installed clover to that same usb drive and had zero problems installing OSX on two very different systems. (An Intel NUC haswell and my z77 ivy bridge system)

lignicolos
Dec 6, 2001

enMTW posted:

Huh. I'll go validate that and give it a go. Another user I was testing the guide with said that modifying the USB drive broke the Install drive, so I put that line in. I never thought to test it, I always used multiple drives. I'll test and update, thanks.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/143697-easy-yosemite-clover-usb-installer.html

That is the guide I followed the very first time

lignicolos
Dec 6, 2001

so i'm trying to do the dual boot thing using boot camp assistant in Yosemite.

So far using boot camp assistant I have been able to make a bootable windows 8.1 installer, and then the computer restarts. I can then see 3 boot options in clover.
*Microsoft EFI mgr
*Microsoft CD boot
*Windows on [disk]
Attempting to boot into the first two runs something, then returns to the bootloader.
The third, the screen just has a blinking underscore and does nothing until i ctrl-alt-del to reboot the machine.

any ideas?

lignicolos
Dec 6, 2001

enMTW posted:

Bring up the boot menu in your bios. Find the PX version of your drive (in the boot menu, you'll see the drive and it will begin with a P_ 'tag') and boot that.

I don't have one with a P_ in front of it, but the usb drive is listed twice. There is a listing with UEFI and one without. When i choose the one without UEFI it just does the blinking cursor thing.

lignicolos
Dec 6, 2001

enMTW posted:

That means the drive was imaged incorrectly/the image is invalid in some way. Use Rufus to put the OS installer on the drive.

I used Rufus and now i've got my Windows 8.1 partition up and running. thanks!

lignicolos
Dec 6, 2001

Craptacular! posted:

The USB 3.0 ports on my motherboard (asus p8z77v) don't seem to want to work....

I use a P8Z77-V LX and all my USB ports are working (as far as i can tell).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lignicolos
Dec 6, 2001

enMTW posted:

El Capitan is out. Build is newer than the GM seed.

I am updated and installed. I have no idea if USB 3.0 is working or not. Otherwise, everything seems to be working great!

• Locked thread