Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

enMTW posted:

wrong theme

I am now betting the instructions about the theme are the equivalent of Van Halen's brown M&M clause to make sure that people read through the whole thing :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

One last flaky thing about my machine I've never bothered to address but I'm curious if you folks have run into this.

The ethernet port will only ever show as "connected" if there was a hot cable plugged in at boot time. If I unplug the cord or power off my router, OS X still shows the port as disconnected even if the ethernet cord becomes hot again. I have to reboot to use the network.

Using the built-in ports on a GA-Z87N-WIFI; OS X detects it as a "Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet" according to system profiler and I've got the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext in my Clover kexts path.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

enMTW posted:

you'd have to disable Rootless on El Cap
Does this mean Rootless does work on a hackintosh even though Clover injects kexts at boot?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

enMTW posted:

iMessage would really prefer valid whitelisted values from a real Mac. Not a whole lot of ways to make it painless without said values.

So I think the Clover config you helped me put together before had my machine reporting itself as a MacPro3,1. I have an actual legit MacPro3,1 sitting in a closet collecting dust and I've been meaning to just throw it away because it's a 7 year old computer.

What are the values that I should transplant? Just MLB and ROM?

If not that, I've also got an old 2010 Mac Mini that I'm using for a home server and thus I won't be using it to sign into iMessage.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Can Clover boot a homemade Fusion Drive reliably?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

enMTW posted:

To upgrade to El Capitan.

Download and install this version of Clover https://mega.nz/#!CNRUnB4Y!mQMx2xrUNCjdxDgeSyDpRpvmh-k9yJ0KSdw66HsrXgk

In your Clover kexts folder, make sure you have a 10.11 folder. If not, create it. Put Fakesmc.kext in it.

Done. Downlaod El Capitan off the Mac App Store and install.

CD into your audio_CloverALC folder (or, if you deleted it, just redownload it and run it like normal) and run 'git pull'. Run the script again like normal to get your audio back. WebDriver: http://us.download.nvidia.com/tYGrxreBnE8b89jZ0VysebeSwZJehZTa/WebDriver-346.03.01b07.pkg

Went through all this, everything seems to be working like a champ.

Also, the Clover install is supremely annoying. I wish it wasn't just using the core OS X packager. It's too easy to gently caress up the "upgrade" and accidentally write a clean Clover install to the root of your boot volume rather than update what's on the EFI partition, and then confuse yourself as to what's going on. Ask me how!

kitten smoothie fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 15, 2015

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Finally got around to swiping the ROM/MLB/SN from my Mac Pro 3,1 collecting dust. Yay for iMessage again.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

enMTW posted:

I have a USB 3 fix that I like a lot. Anyone feel like testing it with me? Must have El Cap installed, a USB stick to run Clover off of and USB 2 working.

The fix is brain dead simple, very happy with it.

*raises hand*

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

enMTW posted:

What motherboard do you have?

GA-Z87N-WIFI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

New motherboard recommendations wanted. I'm looking to go full size ATX w/ LGA 1150 support. I want full size so I can pick up an official Apple wifi/BT card and have room to drop it in. I don't have any spare slots to use on my MicroATX board.

I also have annoying issues with my current motherboard (GA-Z87N-WIFI) where the onboard Ethernet will basically go dead if the link drops, and not come back until a reboot. So if I reset my router, for instance, I have to reboot my Hackintosh in order to have network again.

Ideally this'd be moot once I picked up the wifi card anyway, but whatever, I want it to actually work right and I'm guessing it's some goofy issues with the motherboard since I'm using the same kexts as everyone else.

I bought this board based on the TonyMacX86 buyers guide back in February 2014 and this is one more strike against that awful site.

• Locked thread