Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The new write up is very nice. I have one question though, why do you suggest making two USB drives for install instead of single Clover USB installer drive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

lignicolos posted:

Just to comment, I used the createinstallmedia command to create my usb Yosemite installer. Then I installed clover to that same usb drive and had zero problems installing OSX on two very different systems. (An Intel NUC haswell and my z77 ivy bridge system)

Yeah this is what I have always done, which is why I asked.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Miley Virus posted:

I'm considering trying to get a Hackintosh working on my next build. Would it be feasible to have a Windows install on one SSD and an OSX install on another, dual booting between them with a common 3.5" data drive formatted as NTFS?

Yup, this is what I have been doing for years now. I use Tuxrea on OSX to read/write to the NTFS drives, and MacDrive on Windows to read the HFTS+ drive. It works pretty well. I have heard horror stories of drives/data getting hosed from using Tuxrea/MacDrive. I have never had it happen *knock on wood* but it is a possibility.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Armagnac posted:

I was having weird USB Issues as well. I have a powered USB Hub, and my system refused to boot with it plugged in...

That is a issue with some USB chipsets, most commonly USB 3.0 stuff. Early USB 3.0 stuff was not quite entirely baked yet I think. Any computer within the last year or so you won't even have the problem again.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I got a Asus Maximus Hero VII that works like a charm. I haven't messed with onboard audio since I have a interface but since it is Realtek I can't imagine there would be a problem.

• Locked thread