Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alo
May 1, 2005

A number of the links are broken (the Amazon link to the bluetooth adapter, the link to FakeSMC on mega asks for a decryption key, maybe more).

I'm going to follow this tomorrow and see where I end up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alo
May 1, 2005

enMTW posted:

That'll all be fixed soon. Thread is still in the process of being made.

No problem. I was able to figure everything out, except for the audio (broken link, not enough context to figure it out), from your guide.

I'm running a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H with a Radeon 6850. Sleep works (except waking from USB/Bluetooth is broken). Good enough.

Thanks!

edit: I had the brilliant idea of looking at the old thread for working links!

alo fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 23, 2015

alo
May 1, 2005

enMTW posted:

Let me know if sleep doesn't work once you are done, I'll probably be able to help.

Thanks for the offer. I've actually got one of the PCI-E Bluetooth/Wifi adapters coming in the mail, so I'll wait until I get that to try it out. It's mainly that waking from keyboard/mouse doesn't work (I have to hit the power button to wake my computer). Not really a big deal considering that my computer actually goes to sleep and wakes up without any other issues.

It's amazing how much easier this gets every year (I'm sure most of it was due to your guide allowing me to skip reading 15 hours of forum posts).

alo
May 1, 2005

enMTW posted:

:)

Were you able to get sound working?

Yup. Just reinstalling programs at this point. Thanks once again.

alo
May 1, 2005

Just want to report back saying that I got the PCI-E Bluetooth/Wifi (the one from Amazon with Prime shipping) adapter in. Bluetooth seems to work well. It's running in a spare PCI-E x16 slot without issues. I haven't tested Wifi, but it appears to see all of the local networks.

I've gone through a number of Bluetooth USB adapters with hackintoshes. Sometimes they'll stutter or have disconnecting problems. Enough that I keep a wired mouse nearby (plus Magic Mice are terrible for playing Doom). This one appears to work. My previous "mostly works" adapter is an IOGEAR GBU521. I'd occasionally have to pull it out and reseat it after a wake from sleep, then reconnect my mouse.

I still have to hit the power button to wake my computer, but not a big deal if sleep actually works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alo
May 1, 2005

I can't seem to find this answered anywhere online (or I'm just googling for the wrong thing):

Can you edit the Clover boot arguments from the command line (like Chameleon or GRUB, for example)? There are menu options for verbose/no caches/etc, but what if you want to edit something else?

• Locked thread