Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Hmm... I'm just getting going on this... Have an ancient multibeast 10.10.0 install I haven't updated in ages.

Running into some issues, I was having a hard time just getting the bootloader to appear. once it did I installed, but I think my first Diskmaker install was broken, because it wouldn't even recognize the drive afterwards... Giving it another try. I'll update as I get going...

Running a
ga-z87x-ud7 th
nVidia 780x & Titan

Edit:

Also, Is there something I'm not getting about this method? How does the boot-loader get installed to the System Drive?

Armagnac fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
I installed the boot loader, and I'm getting the UEFI usb sticks to load...

When I select the 10.10.4 boot disk from the clover bootloader, it gets stuck at this screen.

https://photos-5.dropbox.com/t/2/AA...960&size_mode=2

I followed your instructions to a T.

I got to a boot screen once, and managed to install, but the drive I installed to never managed to boot, so I started over completely.

Now I can't even get to the OSX boot screen, to install. Two other quick questions; do I need to turn off nVidia drivers with the regular GTX 780? And what does installing the FakeSMC.kext into those folders do? wasn't clear on it.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Hmmm... I've had nv_disable=1 on from the get go...

Thanks for your help on this btw.

Hmm... Do Chameleon & Clover need different BIOS settings? Chameleon is booting just fine when I slot in that SSD.

This is the screen I keep getting caught at:

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Started from scratch again (3rd try), to see if I did something wrong, now I can select the options, and it starts to boot, and I get a apple logo. Got the Green/Black theme (actively skipped it on my second go) I get to a grey apple screen, and then a beachball. I'm not getting to the point that I can install. Weird.

I think on the 2nd try I missed a step though. I'll give it another go again.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Missed how to do the verbose from the clover menu. Not that it would have helped... I think I somehow missed something on my 2nd and 3rd tries. I did make a plist and save it... I just don't know what went wrong.

Ok, I threw in my 1st try at a clover bootloader in as a whim, since I got to the boot from there, and somehow it worked and the others didn't. I guess I was being more careful with all the settings on my first try, and I wasn't really understanding what was going on after that point, so I got confused, having a weird usb port & an finicky old thumb drive that only sometimes works on my box doesn't make troubleshooting easy either. However the sata SSD slot to plu/unplug my old install on a whim *is* super useful...

So I've got my install on, I'm now onto finding the right kext's and installing clover on this new drive...

Quick question about my Intel NIC. Should I be using the intel kext I found on Tonymac or the newer IntelMausiEthernet I found on insanelymac? It's hard to figure out. Gigabyte's site just says it's a . I ask because on my older unibeast build, it would occasionally drop connection on a long upload, but that was from an old multibeast. I guess I'll find out.

Just want to give you another big shout out, enMTW, because if you weren't replying to this thread, I think I may have given up... So thanks again.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Alright! UP AND GOING!

Used the old intelE1000 kext for now, as I didn't want to create an insanely mac account at 12:30am on a thursday.

Ok, so the whole EFI as a hidden drive thing is super cool, but another thing I didn't get at first.

So far I'm down to 2 issues:

1) iMessaging, which was the thing I was the most excited about fixing. I'm able to send and receive phone calls & facetimes but strangely only *send* text messages, I can't receive texts or send or receive iMessages... Should I just generate a new Serial? I *do* have several older macs lying around (a Tower I use as my swap-in backup incase my current machine dies, and a really old MBP), is it worth it to get it? I do have payment attached to my iCloud.

2) Is there a way to get clover to autoboot without hitting enter? My computer sits in a separate room from my displays and keyboard and my USB hubs don't let me hit enter from my keyboard on my desk.

Gonna install all my software tomorrow, and hopefully everything will work!

Also, since my dell monitor doubles USB Speaker/Mic, and I send audio through that or my bmd decklink I didn't even bother with installing the Audio kexts. might fiddle with that at some point but didn't seem worth the trouble.

Armagnac fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jul 3, 2015

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Hmmm...

Ok, so trying to fix my two issues haven't really been fruitful so far.

So I set my boot to this:

But it still doesn't automatically boot, am I missing something? I tried Timeout 0 & Fast as well, to no avail.

Also, overnight, my Messages app completely stopped working and will no longer send texts either... But FaceTime works fine, and I can receive/send phone calls, though the microphone on just phone calls doesn't work. But only on phone calls!

Edit:

Just tried to fix my Messages using this guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/
and I think I haven't helped anything...

So upon further testing, I send & receive texts in messages... but not iMessages. I can even tell that someone is formulating a response (I get the ellipses bubble) , but if they send through imessage, it never gets to my messages app.

Should I try it again with a new serial # & UUID? or will that start to raise red flags with my iCloud account? (Also I'm sure my network is connected at en0, double checked that...)

Armagnac fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 3, 2015

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Thanks! you can skype me at goodpostny. I'll be around until 4pm EST.

WIIIEEEEERD. Messages just started working mystically. I'd love to know what I did to get it to work... because it definitely wasn't working when I left the house last night.

Armagnac fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 4, 2015

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
I'll be around tomorrow until about 5?

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.

enMTW posted:

Update: Armagnac's iMessage problem was that, Clover did not generate the RT Variables, for whatever reason. If you can't sign into iMessage, make sure you see 'UseMacAddr0' under RT Variables (Clover Configurator). If not, hit the down arrow and select it. You also need an MLB value (should get generated on the fly, but in case not...), hit the 'Calculate' button for that.

Problem solved, I think.

This is the kind of situation that PlistEdit Pro is useful for. If you have a known-good Config.plist (coming to the guide soon) you can just compare the two and play spot the difference. Working on a thread update now.

Make sure that once you do this, you reboot whatever router you're working off of... I went a little crazy thinking that I had broken my internet kexts somehow, even though we didn't touch them. I think it was my router getting confused from my new mac address...

Still unable to get the autoboot sequence working though... Which is quite strange.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.

enMTW posted:

That is very strange. Looking into it. EDIT: The problem is likely that the Default Volume (under Boot) wasn't set to the Mac drive. Autoboot (apparently) does not work if the volume is set to 'Last Booted'.

I added the latest version of Clover to the guide. Some big changes (new AMD cards, Broadwell support).

Just changed the Default Boot Volume to the name of my drive and Voila! Timeout boot arguments are working now.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
And... somehow iMessage stopped working (but not SMS's or Facetime). I can see why there are so many frustrated messages across the 'fixes' for iMessage. It seems super finicky, and can just stop/start working on it's own...

Armagnac fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 7, 2015

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Soo, here's a couple updates with my build:

Sleep will sometimes somehow knock out my internet, and rebooting does not help, I have to turn of the computer for ~30 secs or so and it comes back. I have a feeling it might because I'm using an older kext for my NIC, or something to do with my mobo, as I get weird USB issues sometimes.

Aaaannd. iMessages magically started working again today. I have no idea why. I hadn't changed my config in ~a week.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Paragon for NTFS & HFS+ has worked fine for me.

Their EXT3 drive support, I've had issues with, but I'm making wierd old linux drives for DCP's.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Also, There might be some sort server side thing with iMessage to prevent spam.

I know that I couldn't get iMessage to work consistently (texts would work, iMessages wouldn't), and then suddenly, ~24hrs later it just started working, very strange.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Having a hard time getting Audio up on my GA-Z87X-UD5 TH... Wasn't an issue when I had my USB Monitor's internal speakers, but I would like to get it working now.

It's the GA-Z87X-UD5 TH with the Realtek ALC898 sound board, and I went to insanelymac to try to find the proper kext, and I got this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/247-applehda-for-alc898-1093/

I found it confusing to use, wasn't sure how I'm supposed to install it? I tried dragging individual kext's into my kext folders on my EFI, but no dice. Any ideas?

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
I was having weird USB Issues as well. I have a powered USB Hub, and my system refused to boot with it plugged in...

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
I just got a Titan X, and my current hackintosh won't boot with it installed... It's not attached to a display, it's just meant to be used as a Compute GPU for resolve... Is this a Known thing? The Hackintosh works fine with the GTX 970... About to do some trouble shooting, but was just going to ask before I delved too deep.

Note: Still on Yosemite.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Yup, two nVidia Gpu's at the same time. I shorted out my previous system, and bought a similar Mobo/CPU, and new GPU's to get them working ASAP. May have messed with a couple things. Was hoping to be able to wait until El Cap was stable/working and easy to do a clean re-install of everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
No SLI, would defeat the purpose...

It's the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH, and I replacing my GA-Z87X-UD5 TH...

I didn't change any part of my clover install and I got a boot, since I was in the midst of production, I just went with it. Drivers were very recent (oldest it could be would be july/august?) if not the latest.

Armagnac fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 14, 2015

• Locked thread