Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?
I have a Crucial M500 960GB partitioned into a 128gb HFS+ for OSX, and the rest is a 'stuff' folder meant for exchange between Windows and OSX.

Initially this was NTFS which is of course read-only to OSX. There are ways, yes, but I wasn't so sure about them, drivers like NTFS3G or a terminal command to enable native read/write access. Then I re-partitioned and turned it into FAT32. That worked great except for that some disk images and huge movies don't fit under the 4gb limit there.

So - great idea! ExFAT right? It's used on memory cards and flash drives! It'll work great! So after copying all the stuff onto it, it stopped working after a reboot. It just showed up as as a greyed out disk1s4 in Disk utility. Mission failed. It's back to FAT32 for the time being.

What's the best file system to use for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

enMTW posted:

I'm making *images* for the new thread now. Have a nice little flow chart. Close to being done with it, please be excited.

This is very nice. When El Capitan goes final I'm going to start from scratch with Clover this time.

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?
I'm on an Asus Z97i Plus and GTX 970 but I'm not running El Cap quite yet - haven't had time to figure out why it won't boot setup yet. Probably setting my nvidia flags wrong.

• Locked thread