Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
The only game I got into multiboxing was shadowbane after it went F2P and after someone made a program that made it extremely easy to send commands to the 8+ clients you were able to have open simultaneously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Budgie posted:

The only game I got into multiboxing was shadowbane after it went F2P and after someone made a program that made it extremely easy to send commands to the 8+ clients you were able to have open simultaneously.

Do you remember what it was called by any chance?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Any news on the date yet?

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Any news on the date yet?

Nov. 25th for basic, 24th for second tier packs, 23rd for :20bux:x5 packs

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Sunber posted:

Do you remember what it was called by any chance?

Probably this:

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/AGC

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

That's a shame, I was wondering if there was something out there that has the same sort of functionality as isboxer

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Sunber posted:

That's a shame, I was wondering if there was something out there that has the same sort of functionality as isboxer

Isboxer works with all the games, though. Doesn't it?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

PriNGLeS posted:

Isboxer works with all the games, though. Doesn't it?

Yes, but its not free it costs monthly.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Realistically you can get away with playing on a PC and having your crafter on a tablet or a phone or something. All they'd be doing is standing around refining stuff, looking at auction house listings or possibly even being a naked scout alt. I can't see multiple clients being that useful that people are doing one-man-raid stuff like the real whackadoos that run WoW and stuff.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I'm working on a new system for the radio, hopefully I can get music 24/7, allow for automated requests and force override for "live shows" (ox run music, PvP music, and Yakety sax). Should be ready before day -1. I might need to get in touch with whoever is running the website for the song request stuff, we'll see. I'm not excited about hosting a website from my house (A: technically breaks the ToS of my ISP, B: I don't want to run a web server on my gaming PC and don't really have spare hardware besides my NAS which doesn't have the spare CPU Cycles). I'll have to see what the best way to run it is, I might have to use a local client. If I need web hosting all it would be is an SQL database with song lists that users could select and that would send a message to my computer that would play the song, you would not be hosting the files in any way so bandwidth should be negligible. I'd really prefer to keep the site under username / password if possible anyway so we keep the trolling down.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

It most likely was this, I remember that it was specifically for shadowbane and wouldn't work with anything else. It was a great application.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Forgotton posted:

The only other viable reason to multi-box is to have a naked guy sit at the entrance to your zone or dungeon and be an advanced scout for danger. Some guilds already do this.

You mean people don't all do this? Much like in EVE where the best fun I had was flying around in a cheap ship and ruining the days of people in big expensive ones, I think taking a stroll with some other goons in poo poo gear and making some pubbie spergs cry is going to be very enjoyable.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It used to cost $50 per naked alt, so it was fairly rare. And the top guilds often are either composed largely of poopsockers or have an elite group they don't want to split fame away from so they can use better gear faster which means fewer to no newbie scouts.

We don't really care much about the fame splitting though, so maybe you will get a chance to ruin someone's day.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kylra posted:

It used to cost $50 per naked alt, so it was fairly rare. And the top guilds often are either composed largely of poopsockers or have an elite group they don't want to split fame away from so they can use better gear faster which means fewer to no newbie scouts.

We don't really care much about the fame splitting though, so maybe you will get a chance to ruin someone's day.

If I remember, PvP provided almost no fame compared to PvE. I was really behind everyone only doing PvP and market stuff. I spent a day or two solo grinding dungeons in green zones and could wear much better stuff. We did a few runs to that Giants area that was some fun as a group too but I think we had too many goons for it to be as fast as the guys that took only a handful of people.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

pixaal posted:

If I remember, PvP provided almost no fame compared to PvE. I was really behind everyone only doing PvP and market stuff. I spent a day or two solo grinding dungeons in green zones and could wear much better stuff. We did a few runs to that Giants area that was some fun as a group too but I think we had too many goons for it to be as fast as the guys that took only a handful of people.

this is something that I hope gets fixed. Nothing annoyed me more than having to PVE and craft for hours on end in order to be "viable" in PVP (especially in 5v5 battles)

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

2DCAT posted:

this is something that I hope gets fixed. Nothing annoyed me more than having to PVE and craft for hours on end in order to be "viable" in PVP (especially in 5v5 battles)

What if the only other way was... Fishing?
:coolfish:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

pixaal posted:

What I mean is, the best way to ruin someone's day is to take the good stuff off their bodies that they have on them to farm dungeons faster.

We would have needed people in much better gear to do those giants in a smaller group though. And some people have and do that. But we can in theory just take more people and take their good stuff with our terrible stuff.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Leonard J Crabs has been brought in to deal with some of the more sticky forum drama:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kylra posted:

What I mean is, the best way to ruin someone's day is to take the good stuff off their bodies that they have on them to farm dungeons faster.

We would have needed people in much better gear to do those giants in a smaller group though. And some people have and do that. But we can in theory just take more people and take their good stuff with our terrible stuff.

Yes exactly, murder everyone min max farming until they can't farm the area without a large group and it's just not worth it. Or they accept that we roll in every so often and take their stuff. It's the cost of XP.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

FireWhizzle posted:

Leonard J Crabs has been brought in to deal with some of the more sticky forum drama:

Is this lowtax, or another goon playing a Mr. Crabbs?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

Is this lowtax, or another goon playing a Mr. Crabbs?

Leonard J Crabs is an idea, an epic. LowTax birthed him, and he may never be kicked out of a bar legally before 2am

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FireWhizzle posted:

lmao

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

My hero

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Attention, Leonard J Crabs has opened up the first proceedings of Medieval Court

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/20387-Medieval-Court-Proceeded-over-by-Leonard-J-Crabs-AwfulCitizen-Aggrieved-vs-Dworf/

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Medieval Court is the best thing ever

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
short lived though

brightest stars burn out the fastest

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
You cannot kill Leonard J Crabs. He is a goon by birthright. If you attempt to kill him, you are attempting to kill a goon.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

access denied

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Ruggan posted:

access denied

The Sandbox Interactive mods have decided gently caress GOONS in this case.

Leonard J Crabs submitted an appeal to this blatant gently caress GOONS move, but we will see where it goes ~

It seems odd that a roleplay court, among other, more disturbing roleplays, would be moderated. Especially when misogynistic, racist and doxxing real-life slurs are allowed to be posted.

~ to each their own ~

You either want goons to play, and goons will be goons, or you don't. :greenangel:

Plus you gotta admit it was pretty silly

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 10, 2015

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Leonard J Crabs has been exonerated, and the screencaps of the thread will be posted once I ungzip them tomorrow, but he lives to fight another day in the name of justice.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm really sad that they got bent on your rping court in the rp thread dodgin. That was pretty epic.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

I'm really sad that they got bent on your rping court in the rp thread dodgin. That was pretty epic.

Me too I am literally Dodgin and stop being so serious about things, gosh guys and gals! At least my posts aren't "lol nooblord 420 #limelight #1"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FireWhizzle posted:

Me too I am literally Dodgin and stop being so serious about things, gosh guys and gals! At least my posts aren't "lol nooblord 420 #limelight #1"

sorry, too high quality content

we need a baseline standard so "lol nooblord stop lying heres my lovely rap sexism 2.0 track" thread is a good start

remember, we dont want people to feel alienated so they need to be able to make threads that are not too meta, insular jokes and ironic and instead be more conforming of what we can expect from them to retain a semblance of a

gently caress it i give up with this satire, Leonard J. Crabs for mod so he can be a real judge, jury and executioner like Gabranth from FFXII

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
did they really kill a dumb RP thread in a RP section?! like... really?!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
RIP Medieval Court. Never forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve2D4E6wd6U

Come As You SARS
Jul 27, 2015
Stress test the 12th-14th!

https://albiononline.com/en/news/stress-test

flufferpope
Oct 29, 2015
They took down the Court thread because you aren't allowed any "forum pvp" outside of the guild discussion forum. Make the thread again in guild discussion and it should fly fine. I'd love to see the thread remade in guild discussion.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Has the map changed at all? We should use this as a chance to scout things. I doubt they'll change any positions before live. We should c/d guild islands on red / yellow cities if that is where we want to make base. Oh and of course try and break things horribly.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dworf banned

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Dworf banned

:toot:

For what? I haven't kept up with his antics for quite some time.

• Locked thread