Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Eonwe posted:

Dworf banned

:toot:

I am going to miss using this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Eonwe posted:

Dworf banned

:toot:

Just forums, or game too? I hope he still has his game account so we can gently caress with him in game.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Give him our slack so we can @dworf him all day while he's up in his middle school classroom

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

pixaal posted:

Just forums, or game too? I hope he still has his game account so we can gently caress with him in game.

Permabanned across the board, but don't think across the game...

MrFkingGrimey
Jul 12, 2015

This is not where I parked my car.
Hopefully he isn't banned in game. I want to be able to free his ox and stampede around on it.

Sludge_McBain
Jul 24, 2012

Whisky not Whiskey
I dunno. He always seemed like a pretty stand up guy :unsmith:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
And just like that... hes out of jail.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
I just want to steal his guild's stuff again, but there's no way they'll ally with us a second time. Are we going with a new name or is it still going to be Space Violence?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

PsychicToaster posted:

I just want to steal his guild's stuff again, but there's no way they'll ally with us a second time. Are we going with a new name or is it still going to be Space Violence?

We should always have a new name, it's funny. Roman House of Tacos could be funny, or terrible. I just came up with it, we can do better.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

pixaal posted:

We should always have a new name, it's funny. Roman House of Tacos could be funny, or terrible. I just came up with it, we can do better.

Leonard's Crab House

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

MrFkingGrimey posted:

Hopefully he isn't banned in game. I want to be able to free his ox and stampede around on it.

I got dibs, I am going to be selling tickets, you just show up in game slap my 5 silver and you can get your turn to stump him all you want...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

dominoeffect posted:

Leonard's Crab House

:gary:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

dominoeffect posted:

Leonard's Crab House

Leonard's Crab Filled Tent.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

dominoeffect posted:

Leonard's Crab House

Leonard's Crab Island

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

then when we scurry across the map yelling YOU GOT CRABS and CLEAN THE CRABS INFESTATION IN YOUR ZONE, we can retreat to our island, a native place for crabs

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Crab Shack.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Leonard's Crab Shack is fitting on so many levels.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
S.A.C.S.-Something Awful Crab Squad.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
So how is this gonna work?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Finndo posted:

So how is this gonna work?

I assume you're talking about organization; we've got a new OP being written, and plans being made to facilitate the most fun for all of our newbies coming into this. This stress test you should feel free to explore whatever you'd like to do in the game, get used to games flow, whatever really.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Stress test open to the public or just the alpha/beta people?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Charles Bukowski posted:

Only if you have a Legendary or Epic Founder's Pack.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

Alpha only. It's going to get wiped anyway. You can't get much done in two days I doubt any "good fights" will happen. I mean being a huge dick during it would be kind of silly (we will be).

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Is there still a way to get into the closed beta?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Longbaugh01 posted:

Is there still a way to get into the closed beta?

You can buy your way in (the only way in) up until the day it ends.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Ya know what would encourage lots of participation in stress testing? "Here's eleventy billion fame, everything is unlocked, there's 1000 of every resource in your bank and everyone gets a horse and an ox, go nuts"

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

2DCAT posted:

Leonard's Crab Shack is fitting on so many levels.

I can't think of anything better.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
dworf self owned himself and closed his account, so it wasnt banned :shrug:

thatll do pig, thatll do

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

PsychicToaster posted:

For what? I haven't kept up with his antics for quite some time.

really gross slurs about women and degrading them

guy has real issues and its sad

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

dworf self owned himself and closed his account, so it wasnt banned :shrug:

thatll do pig, thatll do

He'll be back. As much of his ego as he has wrapped up in a game that isn't even released yet I don't see him giving up.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/20375-Poll-Playing-Multiple-Characters-Simultaneously/?pageNo=1

Are people seriously this butthurt about people having multiple accounts

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gotta be butthurt about something. Multiboxing can be annoying I guess if you're lazy as hell like me and can't ever be bothered to take advantage of boring poo poo like that. On the other hand, "no multiple accounts from the same IP allowed ever" rules can be frustrating when you play with family or roommates. I remember years ago when I still lived at home I ended up having to buy hosting and play an Ultima Online private server through a proxy because my brother and I played the same server and it wasn't allowed.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

Gotta be butthurt about something. Multiboxing can be annoying I guess if you're lazy as hell like me and can't ever be bothered to take advantage of boring poo poo like that. On the other hand, "no multiple accounts from the same IP allowed ever" rules can be frustrating when you play with family or roommates. I remember years ago when I still lived at home I ended up having to buy hosting and play an Ultima Online private server through a proxy because my brother and I played the same server and it wasn't allowed.

With IPv6 its really easy to get multiple IPs too! I get 6 of them and 1 IPv4! There's also apparently places that to make the internet cheaper share IPs behind a NAT and the same IP is in use by multiple homes in an area.

Sludge_McBain
Jul 24, 2012

Whisky not Whiskey
We are about 12 days away from the closed beta test (CBT). Founders will be able to participate (1 or 2 days ahead of others, depending on package) in this test, which is likely to last a couple, or three, months. As far as has been intoned, this will lead straight into release (with a wipe).

If you have a some spare cash that you want to waste, get involved in this now. During the CBT it would be nice to build up some good relationships with goons that aren't too terrible and enjoy playing games based around progression.

Having a bunch of goons that understand the basic principles of the game and how the gear progression works and want to help build beginner armor/weapon sets to help the real newbies, would be pretty neat, when the game is released as free to play.

The current active goons lead by #guildleader Eonwe (it's really Suz) are putting in a lot of work behind the scenes to make sure the infrastructure is in place. If you want to grab a Founders package, read the OP, use one of the referral links (you can have mine if you ask for it) and join us for some killing of mans and eating of goats.

Thank you for reading my :effortpost: I know it wont have made a blind bit of difference in drumming up interest.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
I just hope the combat rework is going to make some of the melee weapons considered useless and terrible better. I wanted to go with scythe last alpha and was told by so many people it was bad because it was nerfed into oblivion.

Sludge_McBain
Jul 24, 2012

Whisky not Whiskey

PsychicToaster posted:

I just hope the combat rework is going to make some of the melee weapons considered useless and terrible better. I wanted to go with scythe last alpha and was told by so many people it was bad because it was nerfed into oblivion.

A quote from the October update:

"Splinter - Will there be new abilities added to the new armor sub types to allow for more varied builds or will it be the same as before and will the armor differences only be about resistances?

The combat system and the items have been entirely overhauled and reworked and you should see characteristic abilities for each armor sub-type, as well as a vast array of new ones. For example we have now a total of nine helmet abilities, compared to three in the previous Summer Alpha. Thus more and entirely new combinations are possible."

I spoke to Bercilak the other day and he said that they had scrapped all the old weapons and abilities and started again from scratch.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sludge_McBain posted:

A quote from the October update:

"Splinter - Will there be new abilities added to the new armor sub types to allow for more varied builds or will it be the same as before and will the armor differences only be about resistances?

The combat system and the items have been entirely overhauled and reworked and you should see characteristic abilities for each armor sub-type, as well as a vast array of new ones. For example we have now a total of nine helmet abilities, compared to three in the previous Summer Alpha. Thus more and entirely new combinations are possible."

I spoke to Bercilak the other day and he said that they had scrapped all the old weapons and abilities and started again from scratch.

Are boots still all the same? This is important.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Sludge_McBain posted:

were you guys just out grabbing a beer or what?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

pixaal posted:

Are boots still all the same? This is important.
Game data says no. They are all a little different. You should be able to see all you want in stress test this weekend though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Bercilak hangs out in various places with various players and guilds. He's often in the unofficial official general use albion online discord server for instance. He's a lot less aloof than most game company ceos.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 11, 2015

• Locked thread