Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jintor
May 19, 2014

was not prepared for how god drat amazing the renge skit was. the hotaru skit was pretty great too.

wasn't super into the komari skit but it was okay. My inaka isn't so goddamn inaka you can't get signal... actually, there's only one place around I know for a fact you can't get signal around here, a mountain pass I go through on the way to the school I have that is by a river in the middle of some rice paddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Rexides posted:

Renge is probably the only one who will manage to leave that village and make a name for herself.

Hotaru seems like she'd be pretty successful. Glasses will probably do something amazing like cure cancer but somehow not get credit for it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jintor posted:

wasn't super into the komari skit but it was okay. My inaka isn't so goddamn inaka you can't get signal... actually, there's only one place around I know for a fact you can't get signal around here, a mountain pass I go through on the way to the school I have that is by a river in the middle of some rice paddies.

That part was 100% saved by McDonalds breakfast and the final message to Kaede.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

the bit about maccas breakfast was pretty funny i admit

oh the third thing i thought was hilarious was hotarun's nyan-komari stuffed toy. Just like. That she made it.

amazing

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is there a better quality version of the ova than 480?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

is there a better quality version of the ova than 480?

Nah, it was DVD bundled with a manga volume.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Final episode features a very long, boring scene on the porch.

Also make sure to watch the part after the credits.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:cry: Ugggh, the use of the ED in this was, um... /really/ effective. What an awesome anime, I'm really glad they got everyone in this episode even if they just focussed on the main four

I am not at all ready for this show to be over... I really hope we get more one day :unsmith:

jinpachistar
Dec 25, 2012

YoLo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hikage needs to be more true to herself and admit that she likes doing stuff instead of trying to laze herself out of them.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hikage needs to be more true to herself and admit that she likes doing stuff instead of trying to laze herself out of them.
She's stuck halfway between Renge and Kazuho.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

I think she was worried that digging bamboo shoots would be far too provincial an activity for a sophisticated city girl like herself who can get McDonald's breakfast whenever she wants to.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Hikage is my spirit animal

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
If I hadn't watched it, I could have eternally lived in a world were I still had Non Non Biyori to watch. I've been so shortsighted. :negative:

Jintor
May 19, 2014

teared up at the extended ED. holy poo poo

both seasons going on my GOAT list probably slightly under planetes. what an amazing show

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
With this and Akagami Shirayuki ending, farewell chill tuesdays.

Also I'm now peckish for bamboo shoots. I think I'll pick some up tomorrow, you can get cans of pickled bamboo shoots.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
On small bit that really made me smile was where the group was at the secret base and then Natsumi leaned on Hotaru's head for a second.

Mainly cause that's how I show my affection to my mom.

She then tells me I'm heavy.

It's a really small scene but it just connects with me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Thank you for coming back NNB, even if it was brief.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Youth is brief, but memories last forever.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Now I get to go back and watch S1

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ahh, such a good show.

The last shot of clouds slowly fading away was pretty much this series in a nutshell.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

If I hadn't watched it, I could have eternally lived in a world were I still had Non Non Biyori to watch. I've been so shortsighted. :negative:

Now you can watch the whole series over again.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

On small bit that really made me smile was where the group was at the secret base and then Natsumi leaned on Hotaru's head for a second.

Mainly cause that's how I show my affection to my mom.

She then tells me I'm heavy.

It's a really small scene but it just connects with me.

That scene mostly made me think "good god, Hotaru is a freakish monster of a 5th grader"

then I thought about when hotaru gave komaru (a highschooler) a long rear end piggyback home and i became slightly afraid of hotaru

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Grown-up Hotaru will tower over man and beast.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Renge is powerful. Hotaru is great. Komaru is?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Grown-up Hotaru will tower over man and beast.

Given the way growth works she's probably only an inch or two from her adult height. All of the others will likely be taller than her eventually.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

CrazySalamander posted:

Given the way growth works she's probably only an inch or two from her adult height. All of the others will likely be taller than her eventually.

Except Komari.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Renge is powerful. Hotaru is great. Komaru is?

Adult

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Doll-like

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Razzled posted:

That scene mostly made me think "good god, Hotaru is a freakish monster of a 5th grader"

then I thought about when hotaru gave komaru (a highschooler) a long rear end piggyback home and i became slightly afraid of hotaru
Komari is a middle schooler.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Zettace posted:

Komari is a middle schooler.

8th grade equivalent? She's 13-ish.

I'd agree the 10 y/o is the freakish one...

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 25, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
All of the girls on this show are strong and important, do not be rude.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I'm really going to miss this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-JUFg2gAIw

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It occurred to me that sometimes one is out and about and has little or unreliable internet service, and nyanpass.com is unavailable. For android users, I have addressed this problem.

Well, it's gone now for some reason.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Stumbling Block posted:

Well, it's gone now for some reason.

Yes, I don't know what I'm doing, so when I attempted to update it, I did something wrong and got the app suspended. I've yet to address this issue.

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
Ah, ok then.

I fear to even think what removing the suspension is going to take with the store as it is. Probably overly complicated.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

I'd be glad to see you again some day NNB. You are always the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

I just watched the first season and it is very good, I like all of the characters but Renge and Candy Store are my favourites.

• Locked thread