Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Zettace posted:

The majority of slice of life series like these are classified as seinen aren't they? Kiniro Mosiac, K-on, Hidamari Sketch, etc.

I dunno. Aria, Sound of the Sky, Sketchbook, and Amanchu are all shonen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I don't know lots about that sort of stuff but i assumed a lot of it was to do with what magazine the manga got published in, which kind of defines the audience that publishers expect it to sell to, so it's more like a general tag. Like 'young adult', i guess.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Not all manga gets through a magazine, some go directly to their pocket format and they are usually hard to pick apart between age categories if they weren't in their own sections of the wall.

Shonen jump and the like have a limited number of pages they can print after all and only feature the "hottest" of the hot. I dunno if there is a Seinen jump or equal, but I imagine it also doesn't do as well. People with salaries can usually buy whatever they want.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's a few. there was the now discontinued business jump from what little i've read i liked and you also got the confusingly named weekly young jump. quite a few series in the latter that have had popular threads in here

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

Namtab posted:

Renge is fairly powerful

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
BORING  IS  HERE

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

BORING  IS  HERE

... where?

It sure isn't on crunchy yet.

V: :argh:

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 6, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
BORING  IS  COMING  SOMETIME  LATER  TODAY

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT

GET HYPE

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Nyanpasu count in the first ep of Non Non Biyori S2: 0.

Because the whole episode is a flashback about Renge's first day in school, so she probably hadn't invented that yet

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I might be forgetting something, but I'm pretty sure that Nyanpasu was just a joke in the first episode. It didn't come up again.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

That was amazing.

Everything is right with the world.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

nielsm posted:

That was boring.

Everything is right with the world.

The cell-phone scene was my favorite.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Tamba posted:

Nyanpasu count in the first ep of Non Non Biyori S2: 0.

There is more to Renge than nyanpasu.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

The cell-phone scene was my favorite.

NNB has been great at phoning in the punch line from the start and still make it work. Right from the "this is the countryside??!" of first episode.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

StandardVC10 posted:

There is more to Renge than nyanpasu.

Renge contains multitudes.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
So boring. So good. I feel the tension draining out of my body when I watch this show.

I hope the brother at least has a halfway internet connection, the poor bastard.

Doctor Isosceles
Oct 18, 2012

Renge-domo

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Out with the nyanpasu, in with the haute couture.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Nate RFB posted:

Out with the nyanpasu, in with the haute couture.

but is it funky?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

I might be forgetting something, but I'm pretty sure that Nyanpasu was just a joke in the first episode. It didn't come up again.

nyanpasu came up in more than one ep, but it would not come up in a prequel ep

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
And so the healing begins.

Let us be at peace.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am not even two minutes in, and Renge is already very powerful.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think my favorite part of the episode was Renge exploring the empty school. The idea that the place used to be full of kids, and now just has five, always weirded me out and made me kinda sad. It was cool to see them play with the space a bit, and that they didn't push it any more than just, here's what it looks like. Didn't need to!

But yea, it was all good! Lots of cute stuff, and the non-jokes were even less of a joke than usual and still made me crack up. Good stuff.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

The Devil Tesla posted:

I think my favorite part of the episode was Renge exploring the empty school. The idea that the place used to be full of kids, and now just has five, always weirded me out and made me kinda sad. It was cool to see them play with the space a bit, and that they didn't push it any more than just, here's what it looks like. Didn't need to!

A lot of anime would have completely oversold the skeleton model and Renge's reaction to it, but this one doesn't do any more than it needs to.

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 7, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

But yea, it was all good! Lots of cute stuff, and the non-jokes were even less of a joke than usual and still made me crack up. Good stuff.

Also, the opening ceremony was the 105th which means that it's been around a long, LONG time and probably has seen a lot of poo poo.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

I think my favorite part of the episode was Renge exploring the empty school. The idea that the place used to be full of kids, and now just has five, always weirded me out and made me kinda sad.

Just try not to think about how the actual school they based it on is already abandoned.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I was planning not to watch the new season, thinking that I don't need to watch anything this boring any more.

I was wrong. This is the best kind of boring and I need it in my life every week :allears:

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

This is the best "show don't tell' anime out there. Not once do they have to explain anything. They simply show it.

I am a bit confused though. Are we in for a whole season of repeating what we saw last time except in a different viewpoint?

I'm going to WWOOF in Japan one day. I am.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dan7el posted:

This is the best "show don't tell' anime out there. Not once do they have to explain anything. They simply show it.

I am a bit confused though. Are we in for a whole season of repeating what we saw last time except in a different viewpoint?

im going in a month and im gonna ask everyone there about their favorite non non biyori character and im gonna explain them why theyre wrong and its hotaru

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I love how Renchon's momsis reacts to the "Haute Couture" question by just going "Yeah, sure it is, whatever kiddo." and then when asked what "Haute Couture" actually is she just gives up right away and goes "gently caress if I know." This is like the Zen of dealing with small children. :allears:

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I love how Renchon's momsis reacts to the "Haute Couture" question by just going "Yeah, sure it is, whatever kiddo." and then when asked what "Haute Couture" actually is she just gives up right away and goes "gently caress if I know." This is like the Zen of dealing with small children. :allears:

i think it was more a joke on renges pronunciation

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Dan7el posted:

what's wwoof.

i don't think this is repeating right? It's probably a gap fill season.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
This show is going to stay in my last for the night during my anime watching because this show is so chill. Just the best thing to calm down with.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

heck i might go back and rewatch s1

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Jintor posted:

i don't think this is repeating right? It's probably a gap fill season.

I hope it's a repeat, with only some small details altered.

In the end it is revealed that Suguru is the only one aware of the infinite time loop :tinfoil:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rexides posted:

I hope it's a repeat, with only some small details altered.

In the end it is revealed that Suguru is the only one aware of the infinite time loop :tinfoil:

I would watch this.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jintor posted:

what's wwoof.

"World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms", you go to some farm to work for them and they give you food and shelter. good poo poo for cheap holidays

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I would prefer if this thread was called 2 non 4 biyori

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Okay Namtab

• Locked thread