Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
post your fave things about being a corporate slave to teh machine

i liek how i get subscribed to lots of mailing lists but i dont know who teh person is who subscribed me, what the list is for, or anyone on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

i got a letter from someone i dont know telling me i didnt get a payrise

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

i got invited to 3 office christmas parties but was told we only had budget for one and had to choose which to go to

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
"this is a friendly reminder that..."

bitch we aint friends

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
"the **office fairies** are on strike!" <fairy clip art from Office '97 CD>
"please *wash*, *dry*, and *put away* your dishes! :) :) :)" <in 10000 different typefaces and combinations of bold, italic, and underline>

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

until we automate this

please put up your dishes

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Big company picnic in the next few weeks! Since this is summertime the picnic will take place outside, aka at the bottom of the humidity sea. Also deadline to rsvp was months ago so kindly gently caress off.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Company Public Service Say 2007 was a great success! *6 photos of people no one has ever met*

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's 9 am, and that means it's time for birthday cakes. better get there quick motherfuckers

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

the person in work who would leave their finger on the kettle to boil it longer because it would make the water hotter

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

we currently have a fridge fairy, but prior we had a fridge Nazi (until she left for greener pastures). the nazi did a better job

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

maniacdevnull posted:

Big company picnic in the next few weeks! Since this is summertime the picnic will take place outside, aka at the bottom of the humidity sea. Also deadline to rsvp was months ago so kindly gently caress off.

this but a calendar invite called "SAVe THe DATE" but you don't know what for

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

the person in work who would leave their finger on the kettle to boil it longer because it would make the water hotter

if we had one of these at the office I'd be in jail.

oh, I remember another.

the time a manager tried to reheat pizza in the toaster... and then tried to get it unstuck with a knife while it was plugged in

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ANY DISHES LEFT IN THE SINK WILL BE THROWN AWAY!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

please don't cram food down the sink. we don't have a garbage disposal.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

"Bring a fork and spoon from now on we will no longer be providing plastic anything because it's bad for the environment*".

To which my buddy and I went to the executive building (yes, building) and got half a box of each. Because executives don't need to worry about the environment

* may be better for the environment but saves the company money also!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"Fresh cookies are upstairs!"

every tuesday at noon.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Shaggar posted:

ANY DISHES LEFT IN THE SINK WILL BE THROWN AWAY!

CLEANING OUT THE FRIDGE TODAY EVERYTHING WILL BE THROWN AWAY

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

"Fresh cookies are upstairs!"

every tuesday at noon.

so are you going to hire a plumber to fix your toilet or what

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

so are you going to hire a plumber to fix your toilet or what

what

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i was trying to make a joke implying that the message sent on tuesdays was for someone to unblock a toilet

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lmao

I actually did solve a plumbing problem here about four months ago.

men's room started stinking like sewer, i told em to pour a gallon of water down the floor drain to refill the trap that had evaporated. good 2 go.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i'm the invitation to a work sponsored outing/team building event where the upper management schedules it for everyone, but blocks off time for nobody, so nobody in the low ranks (operations) can go (keep working, slaves) but with a shiny veneer of "We tried! Why didn't you come along and be a part of the team!"

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

and then brings it up at your yearly review

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao

I actually did solve a plumbing problem here about four months ago.

men's room started stinking like sewer, i told em to pour a gallon of water down the floor drain to refill the trap that had evaporated. good 2 go.

ok so the floor drain and the can are connected then? always wondered why you'd hear water moving in there when u flushed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PuTTY riot posted:

ok so the floor drain and the can are connected then? always wondered why you'd hear water moving in there when u flushed

yeah. there's a P-trap in the floor drain (and all sewer drains, in theory) that blocks sewer gas from escaping. If you never run water through it, it'll evaporate and dry out and then you have an air path from sewer line to the interior of the bathroom.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
makes sense

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

jonny on his way to becoming a literal shitlord

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Company Fitness team is encouraging everyone to eat healthy! Here are some healthy options from local take out places, or try the salad bar at the grocery store!

Unrelated note, there is an ice cream and cake party at 1pm this week! Come celebrate with us!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

maniacdevnull posted:

The Company Fitness team is encouraging everyone to eat healthy! Here are some healthy options from local take out places, or try the salad bar at the grocery store!

Unrelated note, there is an ice cream and cake party at 1pm this week! Come celebrate with us!

there is literally an after-hours meet/greet invitation at a local mexican restaurant pinned ON TOP OF OVER a fitness calendar poster that has all the weekly fitness center events on campus here

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

maniacdevnull posted:

haha i actually got an email about national eat your veggies day

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

idea for an office refrigerator: the shelves are actually very very slow conveyor belts moving things to the left, like 3 inches a day. the left wall is a trapdoor that opens into a garbage can

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qirex posted:

grinned irl

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they recently downgraded the towels in the breakroom and bathroom from "west berlin circa 1965" to "east berlin circa 1980"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

lol

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
grab some grub from the new health cafe! pick up some nutritious iceberg lettuce, delicious frozen yogurt, awakening starbucks instant coffee, or a refreshing diet coke!

sign up for the company fitbit wellness program and we'll credit you a quarter for every quarter mile (limit $5 per month). after every 500 miles you can sign up for a free session with the on-campus masseuse–chiropractor–saunaman–barber–yogi (limit one per month, no rollover)

now introducing bring your pet to work!!!! ask your manager's manager for details! pet plants smaller than 3"x3" explicitly allowed if kept on desk

back broken, hands hurt, desk cramped, hosed in the head? spend your lunch break waiting outside the EAP-and-ergonomics office and maybe someone will let you in

new campus clubs: monday morning jogging, tuesday lunch smoking cessation, wednesday night basketball, thursday morning zazen, friday night anime

for this month's taco truck calendar click here

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

"please do your timesheets"

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

"also see kotex if you need your computer fixed"

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

~Coxy posted:

"the **office fairies** are on strike!" <fairy clip art from Office '97 CD>
"please *wash*, *dry*, and *put away* your dishes! :) :) :)" <in 10000 different typefaces and combinations of bold, italic, and underline>
i once worked at a place that just had a picture of the boss, arms crossed, looking very stern, framed just above the kitchen sink

i liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
alright so heres all the mailing lsits you should subscribe to. youre gonna get a load of junk so you will want to create a bunch of filters to filter out 99^ of that though

• Locked thread