Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

Make an outlook rule to move them to the recycle bin based on subject line #lifehacks

and get rid of a perfectly good excuse for why you've not been productive for the last two days for your boss? your corporate game is weak son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

sorry director dickbutt, didn't see your urgent email between the 500 reply-alls i got today

oh, no worries man

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
are big DLs have an acl so most people cant send to them. that really really cut down on the reply alls

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

mishaq posted:

sorry director dickbutt, didn't see your urgent email between the 500 reply-alls i got today

oh, no worries man

You can still play that card, not like he'd know

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fair enough :golfclap:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The 28 year old receptionist sent out a contact list to the company wide mailing list and 40 something married manager replied all with "hey sexy you still up for tonight?" followed by about 20 recall notifications.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Apollo posted:

The 28 year old receptionist sent out a contact list to the company wide mailing list and 40 something married manager replied all with "hey sexy you still up for tonight?" followed by about 20 recall notifications.

lol

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Mr. Apollo posted:

this is the greatest thing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Mr. Apollo posted:

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I have recall turned off on our servers.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mr. Apollo posted:

:shepface:yessss

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Mr. Apollo posted:

lol please post a redacted screenshot

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

mishaq posted:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

maniacdevnull posted:

Make an outlook rule to move them to the recycle bin based on subject line #lifehacks

why would i want to miss the comedy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

I have recall turned off on our servers.

shaggar is a good admin

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

mishaq posted:

this was like 3 years ago and i didn't save any screenshots

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mr. Apollo posted:

lmaooooooooo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Apollo posted:

yeeee

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Anything that has ACTION REQUIRED in the subject line: the action is it gets deleted immediately :smuggo:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Mr. Apollo posted:

i was the one who was trying to refer a yosposter to a job and was looking at the referral program email that got sent out, and instead of replying to the yosopster, i replied to the refereral email stating 'ya i'll refer you but dont mention that we met on something awful dot com'

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i was the one who was trying to refer a yosposter to a job and was looking at the referral program email that got sent out, and instead of replying to the yosopster, i replied to the refereral email stating 'ya i'll refer you but dont mention that we met on something awful dot com'

Lol drat

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mr. Apollo posted:

i read this just now and literally died

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lily fuys

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Tru story

To: All
Date: June 6, 2013
Subject: Free Drinks in Vending Machines

Starting next week we will be offering free soda beverages in the vending machines. You will each be issued a card which will allow you three drinks a day, the count resets each day at midnight.

Enjoy your free drinks!

We have this except it's 5/week.

It's got to be way more expensive to pay Coca Cola to run a vending machine on every floor and assign every employee a "coke card" than just to have the coffee ladies restock the fridge with cans of soft drink for free

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Mr. Apollo posted:

what's a recall notification

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

a miserable pile of secrets

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Jonny 290 posted:

a miserable pile of secrets

i wish i didn't have a hard time recalling your posts!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

whoops my post

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

in outlook you can recall a sent email and as long as they haven't read it it replaces the email with a "this email was recalled" notification thing

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Tusen Takk posted:

in outlook you can recall a sent email and as long as they haven't read it it replaces the email with a "this email was recalled" notification thing

then how come the op got like 20 notifications

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

bobbilljim posted:

post your fave things about being a corporate slave to teh machine

i liek how i get subscribed to lots of mailing lists but i dont know who teh person is who subscribed me, what the list is for, or anyone on it

having to cut my genitals off to get overtime (lol CJs will get this!!!!)

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

bump_fn posted:

having to cut my genitals off to get overtime (lol CJs will get this!!!!)

oh poo poo did quiggy finally win the lottery?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

then how come the op got like 20 notifications
you can send out multiple recall requests, however, if the recipient has already read the email then they see a note saying "the sender would like to recall this email" or something like that. each time they send out a request you'll see one of those if you already read the email like I did.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Mr. Apollo posted:

you can send out multiple recall requests, however, if the recipient has already read the email then they see a note saying "the sender would like to recall this email" or something like that. each time they send out a request you'll see one of those if you already read the email like I did.

aaaaah now i get it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
that's almost worse than sending it and not trying to recall it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

that's DEFINITELY worse than sending it and not trying to recall it

correct.

detroit
Nov 11, 2009
Did you really think you could get aw

detroit
Nov 11, 2009
Please disregard

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
sometimes reply all is the most wonderful thing and sometimes it is the most awful thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
it's both

• Locked thread