Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Nah, Andrea sucks. Deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Okay, so it's pretty clear that "Twists from Season's Past" will be returning each and every week. The Twin Twist and BOTB are all ready on the table. As much as we hate BOTB I think this won't be a one and done thing. We will be stuck with it for quite awhile I'm afraid. It's real purpose is less about throwing a monkey wrench into the hamster's plans but more to pad the Sunday show with something to air instead of pointless food comps we don't give a poo poo about anyways. As we saw last season BOTB can be gamed and the concept is flawed but it ain't going away unfortunately. :(

Twists I feel are an absolute lock to return will be Resurrect a Pre-Jury Hamster, The Saboteur, America's Player/Team America, Coup d'état, BB Rewind, MVP and Pandora's Box. That only covers several weeks and this season is running 14 1/2. Some of these like America's Player and The Saboteur could span several weeks if the chosen one is successful in their missions.

What other twists could make a comeback?

Secret Partners? Project Ex? Coach's Corner? What about a BB2 Week where the POV hadn't existed yet? What about a BB1 Week where America Evicts?

At the end of the day, Grodner hates us all and is not as clever as she thinks she is. This BB Takeover thing is just a catalyst for her to pick and choose at will what she'll throw at the house hoping it will stick and be successful via complete happenstance.

What say you?

edit: I can't maths... 14 1/2 weeks not 24 :downs:

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 25, 2015

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Robnoxious posted:

Twists I feel are an absolute lock to return will be Resurrect a Pre-Jury Hamster, The Saboteur, America's Player/Team America, Coup d'état, BB Rewind, MVP and Pandora's Box. That only covers several weeks and this season is running 24 1/2. Some of these like America's Player and The Saboteur could span several weeks if the chosen one is successful in their missions.

I agree with this, some of these need a tiny bit of setup and could run more than one week. Same reason I'm guessing Twin Twist starts now but possibly pays off in week 5. Some could also interact in interesting ways.

Also wondering if we might get a modified "BB Season 1" week, meaning everyone plays for veto for protection, and everyone else is up for eviction through popular vote. Or, it's left to America to vote from the final two usual nominees.

Foreseeing something like this:

Week 2 - Saboteur
Week 3 - Saboteur/MVP
Week 4 - Popular vote eviction
Week 5 - Twin Twist / Resurrect a HG
Week 6 - Something new
Week 7 - Team America
Week 8 - Coup D'Etat
Week 9 - Pandora's Box Obvious Punishments
Week 10 - Pandora's Box Secret Punishments (Someone forced to become Saboteur, someone forced to vote what America chooses, etc.)
Week 11 - Something new
Week 12 - BB Rewind

Taken like that, it's really not hugely different from a usual season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, its a minor thing but I absolutely loved when Austin tried to pull an Elissa in that comp and just broke the whole drat thing. Had me rolling. I hope he breaks all the cheap Big Brother sets this season.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Oh, its a minor thing but I absolutely loved when Austin tried to pull an Elissa in that comp and just broke the whole drat thing. Had me rolling. I hope he breaks all the cheap Big Brother sets this season.

We were cracking up at that too and said the same thing! He's going to be a giant wrecking ball and it's going to be awesome.

Teek posted:

Week 8 - Coup D'Etat

This is only good if the person who gets it opens up the envelope and says: "Coop Dee Tat?" What's that? Well, Um, thanks america!" - Jeff :bravo:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Hahaha, even Julie is making fun of her own "but firsts"...

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Heh... they work in a "but first" just because

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Oh cool, here's all the people to hate.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Skits where they get their keys are so stupid.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Dentist John is the best and he talks like Bobcat Goldthwait.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Watching Steve is making my skin crawl.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

She says "bae" and he says "Rado." Showmance imminent

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I didn't know you could be autistic and a dentist. Way to go, John

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hmmm... Da'Vonne didn't cotton on to Vanessa and doesn't believe Johnny Mac is a dentist?
She may not be as good at reading people as she claims.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Robnoxious posted:

Hmmm... Da'Vonne didn't cotton on to Vanessa and doesn't believe Johnny Mac is a dentist?

Well, they've only known each other for a few hours at this point.

Why does my TV guide say this is live?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Robnoxious posted:

She's also claiming to be a school teacher for her fake job which is a way overused one.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Go go corporate synergy.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I don't see what peoples occupations have to do with anything. It's all just a bunch of carnival games for physical stuff and there are so many twists now that strategy is irrelevant.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Holy poo poo last season's amazing race seems amazing

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Are they going to be full houseguests? How is one of them not the first one to go?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Now Audrey has to make her announcement for a third time.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Sitting out in front of everyone is not an edge. Throwing it is an edge.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This is a hilarious challenge

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Jesus Christ there's 16 people in the house interacting and they have to spend ten minutes on people clutching a pole? Survivor challenge editors have such better pacing.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

CBS is still putting out Under The Dumb episodes?

Good Lord why?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

CBS is still putting out Under The Dumb episodes?

Good Lord why?

Because it is genuinely amazing(ly bad)

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Vanessa and Da'Vonne get a pass to The Amazing Race I bet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, so I might hate Liz. And Jason. And Johnny Mac. And Becky's accent. And Vanessa talking about game theory.

Day 2 group a little more grating than Day 1, but first impressions on BB can be harsh what with the bad introduction videos and the over the top behavior early on.

Da'vonne definitely seems like she's going to be the one who games way too hard, way too fast and makes a mess for herself. I love how its always the person telling lies about themselves who ends up convinced someone else is lying about something true. "I lied about my job for a stupid reason, so I bet he did too."

Tyree posted:

I don't see what peoples occupations have to do with anything. It's all just a bunch of carnival games for physical stuff and there are so many twists now that strategy is irrelevant.

I always think its just ego. The people who decide to lie about their jobs almost always have these inflated ideas of how great and difficult their jobs are and how everyone will feel the exact same way they do. And they somehow always choose "teacher", which should probably really offend any teacher. Or maybe I just feel that way because I sucked as a teacher and it drove me to drink.

Personally I always say telling unforced lies on Day 1 is loving stupid. They almost always come out eventually and then you're the person who was lying from the second you met. You're living with these people for 3 months. You're almost certainly going to have to tell lies and betray trust eventually but why just do it from the start with a lie you're going to have to maintain in every personal story or detail you share the rest of the summer?

Derrick's impressive for a lot of reasons, not the least of them that he managed to maintain his lie all season without anyone ever really catching on. (Frankie did a little but Frankie was paranoid and thought everyone had some twisty lying twist equal to his.)

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 26, 2015

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Derrick's impressive for a lot of reasons, not the least of them that he managed to maintain his lie all season without anyone ever really catching on. (Frankie did a little but Frankie was paranoid and thought everyone had some twisty lying twist equal to his.)
Frankie dropped his fib when he was on the ropes and had nothing much left to shoot for.
Derrick was in undercover dick mode from the jump and used those skills masterfully.

Come to think of it, there are zero cops or any law/judicial enforcement on this cast.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm watching the first episode of last season's Amazing Race because Phil made it seem very interesting. I laughed out loud when I saw that they had thrown the one black guy in with the one Asian girl. Literally token minorities.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

blue squares posted:

I'm watching the first episode of last season's Amazing Race because Phil made it seem very interesting. I laughed out loud when I saw that they had thrown the one black guy in with the one Asian girl. Literally token minorities.

The 2 on big brother were the only 2 that acted at all into each other, and even they are JUST FRIENDS. What a failed gimmick.

The dentist dude is a total spaz

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

blue squares posted:

Jesus Christ there's 16 people in the house interacting and they have to spend ten minutes on people clutching a pole? Survivor challenge editors have such better pacing.

Even worse, they did the round table "get to know each other" both nights... and repeated half of the first 8s stories.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
I liked the poker player's chances, but she' s crying her eyes out right now about how much she misses her girlfriend and saying how any amount of money isn't worth the misery.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wrong thread.

geera
May 20, 2003
Several annoying houseguests this year; hopefully once the hype of getting in the house dies down some of them will chill out and be more relatable.

The dentist, however, is giving off a real creepshow vibe.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

Wrong thread.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I would have been happier if they had given America the choice of twist every week. Give us 3, explain them on the website or during the show, and let us vote.

This "new mystery twist every week" just means more producer fuckery to try to rig the game the way they want.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Do I want to watch this season? I stopped watching two episodes in to 15 and paid no attention to last season. Feel free to reply by PM, I'm fine with spoilers/feed info.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SteveVizsla posted:

Do I want to watch this season? I stopped watching two episodes in to 15 and paid no attention to last season. Feel free to reply by PM, I'm fine with spoilers/feed info.

There is a transgender woman and everyone seems super accepting, so that's nice. But the season looks like it is going to be an absolute clusterfuck, and not in a good way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

blue squares posted:

There is a transgender woman and everyone seems super accepting, so that's nice. But the season looks like it is going to be an absolute clusterfuck, and not in a good way

Doesn't every season look like that, though?

• Locked thread