Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The impulse triggers do work in Apex. I wish more PC games made use of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

It will be nice if the PC version lets you create a custom radio station like you can do in GTA games on PC by putting mp3's in a certain folder.

BUT, the likelihood of that happening is probably something like 0.3%.

The store description says you can "create a custom station from your own music collection with Groove Music".

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

comatose posted:

Soooo the ultimate edition releases on the 23rd of September but I can't find anything on which country/timezone they're using. And just to confuse things even more, the invoice from the Microsoft store says its available from the 22nd.
:psyduck:

When I look in the store, it lists the release date as 10 PM on the 22nd, so midnight Eastern.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

My license plate is "PISSGOD".

So what is the "online adventure" mode? Whenever I try to join it, nothing happens (sometimes I get the "press X to join" notice, but then nothing). Same thing with online free roam. Are these things just turned off until the wider release?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I've only had one or two crashes on PC and I played almost all weekend. Still can't join online adventure/freeroam though.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

In case anyone else with an Apple router can't get online in game, this fixed it for me: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/networking-hardware/02-routers/apple/f/3356/t/455095.aspx

Finally did some adventure mode racing last night and had a blast.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

Anyone have problems joining online adventures? It comes up with "joining adventure" but never actually gets anywhere.

Some stuff to try if you're on PC:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat

For me, it was due to a setting on my Apple router that was blocking Teredo. This fixed it:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/networking-hardware/02-routers/apple/f/3356/t/455095.aspx

Eyud fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 7, 2016

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Looks like the January car pack update is out for PC now. Hopefully this one doesn't corrupt saves!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The (very similar) stunt races in GTA are fun as hell, so this looks awesome to me.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

One track i really miss that doesnt get much love is Camino Viejo. I did all my testing on the regular track (i like how narrow it is and how close the walls are) and also really enjoyed the "Extreme" version that connected with the test track next store for sort of a baby nurburgring - 24H long road course feel. I'd really like that back

so.... about that endurance race?

Hell yeah, that was my favorite track in FM4. Always did my testing and photo shoots there.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Chase cam when playing with a controller, cockpit when playing with a wheel. I almost always play Forza with a controller though.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Boy, someone's bitter about people being faster with chase cam.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah that's how FH3 works. By default both platforms play together, but you can set it to only match with your platform if you want.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

track day bro! posted:

Why do people pre-order a digital game? Why do people pre-order games full stop, its not like they run out of copies of Forza.

I do it just to confuse/upset people who care too much about how other people buy videogames.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

[quote="“Mokotow”" post="“475324308”"]
How does F7 look when compared to Project Cars 2? I played F6 and bit PC1, but I’m not good enough to be able to admire PC’s reported realism, aside from noticing it drives different and is probably harder. I like Forza’s large selection of cars and accessibility, and the way it handles, compared to, say, GT, but if PC2 is as realistic as it’s reported, and it comes with a great online league, as it seems it will, maybe it’s worth getting into that?
[/quote]

PC2 is improved from the first game in a lot of ways and it’s shaping up great but there’s no way it’ll even come close to Forza’s online playerbase. They are trying to do some interesting driver rating and championship stuff but it remains to be seen how that turns out.

Forza has the car collector aspect, it lets you upgrade cars in fun and silly ways, and it still plays better on a controller.

Buy both, IMO.

(If you really want serious business online racing, iRacing is where it’s at.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Having to adapt to changing track conditions owns and rain, temperature, lines becoming rubbered in, marbles off line, gravel/debris, etc, are all cool as hell and should be in every racing game.

• Locked thread