Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

So I got the Ultimate Edition. How do I enable the VIP perks? So far when I click on the VIP Membership button in the menu and sign in, my game just crashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

This game looks amazing

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

MS hosed up and I believe all the extra packs don't unlock until the games standard release date on the 27th.

That would make sense, though it's kind of lovely. On the other hand Jeff Gerstmann seems to have VIP mode unlocked so I don't know what's up.

And here are some slow cars:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

GutBomb posted:

That is not the case. I'm getting VIP bonuses and I got all the DLC cars.

PC or Xbox?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, XBOX has all the bonuses right now. Apparently you can get them unlocked on the PC as well by getting them on the XBox first, saving your game, and then loading the same game inside the PC version.

lend me ur xbox. Im gonna need you to overnight it to Philly

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

The license plate ASSMAN isn't allowed.

how about A55MAN? or 455M4N? or A55M4N? or AS5MAN?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

geeves posted:

Hey Gutbomb - is there a setting for rotational degrees? I can't find one and it's a pain in the rear end that I can't change it to something lower.

So far I'm torn on the game,, some details that I'm nitpicking - I can't import and apply some tunes because the parts are "Not Available" in Horizon. Yet, I compare the build parts and they are exactly the same.

The default tune settings are completely insane compared to F6. Also max rear aero on GT cars is 238lbs?

No double credits for VIP for races? Weak.

Howdy, your drivatar is a complete oval office. Fix it :v: Also would Steamer or Cooker be an okay replacement for rice?

You're right, The Rice Cooker would be a great name for that event

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'll have it soon enough, I'm really low on credits due to saving up a ton to make my dreams of an all Ford garage a reality

NO TIME FOR FRIVOLITIES

I rolled a Ford GT Horizon Edition and let me tell you I am thrilled

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

The lovely FFB is the only thing you complain about? So I suppose the less than 180 end to end is supposed to be normal in Forza, or can I expect it to be more than that with proper support? The low end to end angle is a pain in the rear end driving fast, because things get too sensitive trying to keep the wheel centered (with what there being no tension when centered on at least the G27).

One thing I noticed with my G27 is even though Forza didn't recognise it and even though the animation is only 180 degrees lock to lock (though synced to my wheel angle), the game still made use of more of the rotation. Maybe not the whole 900, but that's better than 180

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

DogonCrook posted:

Tried the pc version and holy poo poo did they gently caress that up. my fps drops as i lower settings. I have a 980 and the highest i can hit is everything on ultra 45 fps but it stutters like crazy. locking to 30 still stutters, and with the lowest settings the highest fps i hit is 34. Locking it still makes it stutter.

I have a gtx 1060 3GB (rest my soul) and it runs this game 30-60 fps at 2560x1600 with all settings on high and 4x MSAA. So I don't know bud. Do you have enough normal ram? Recommended is 12 GB.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

All you guys whining about frame rate and stuttering need to man up and lock to 30 fps. It's fine

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

MaNiAk posted:

So I was being stupid and I started this on the PC, which crashed when I went to save it so I started it again on the console.

Anyone want a copy when I get finished with it?

Yes

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

The Regera is pretty darn special too. It's a hybrid where the engine is direct-drive to the wheels, so there's no shifting at all.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

How are they physics?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Nuts and Gum posted:

The hot wheels cars have crazy traction and turning. I haven't looked at the upgrades yet so I dunno if they're unique to the branded cars or if you can build your own with similar specs.

Can you drive normal cars on the hotwheels tracks?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Thief posted:

at least with Porsche it was befitting their fancypants image

To only show up on Need For Speed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I said come in! posted:

So there are some areas where the car list in Forza is weak on, but I would still argue that Forza Motorsport has the most well rounded and diverse car list of any racing sim.

What happened to that sweet SAAB from Forza 4?

• Locked thread