Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Does any sim feature flawless flag/penalty rules involving AI? I'm sure making the two systems play nice is a helluva challenge.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Formula E will be cool because all the verbal griefing will be much more audible.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bunch of new cars announced. I am so jazzed for that Volvo Polestar.
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_garage_week_2

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hahaha no.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
For some reason, I just noticed how jaggy Forza 5 is when I played it today. It's pretty rough looking.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If PCARS has proven anything, its that grinding to buy cars is a loving dumb game mechanic.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea but I don't care about earning cars. Everything ought to be accessible from the moment I boot up the game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ethanol posted:

You are playing the wrong game

I'll play it and have a good time with it. It's that even Turn 10 acknowledges how lovely their car progression or whatever is by how they throw credits at the player.

It's just frustrating for me because I prefer spending my game time in quick races or time trials. Even PCARS, a game I'm pretty fond of, I haven't even touched the career mode. F4 was nearly there with having all of the cars be available in the arcade mode, but I still can't tune them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If there's anything to take from the previous several pages, it's that no one game does everything for everyone, so buy every cool and good racing game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Or driving on the loving moon.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Willow Springs would be nice.

Also the ability to have strictly Formula 1 races or GT3 spec ones. Forza's solution to class races is sparse.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No, I mean actually creating an offline race. Forza 5 doesn't allow anything beyond the letterered class choices when dictating the the AI field. Sorry. I could've phrased that better.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Adding more filtering options would just be wonderful. It's such a dumb thing that I kept thinking I was overlooking it in the options menu.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Buy 100 bucks of Xbox gift cards, get 15 bucks off. So far so good. That baller Forza 6 package for $85 is pretty decent.

edit: Got the codes and bought F6 Ultimate Edition. See you dorks on September 10th.

http://www.ebay.com/sme/paypal_digi...53D867766245645

bloops fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 16, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Aren't you like loving horrible driving in traffic though?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Looks pretty dope for a global grip modifier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AQT2cVDHfY

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

WienerDog posted:

I see on Twitter that a track called Circuit of the Americas was announced today.

http://twitter.com/circuitamericas/status/628595093818245120

Tell me how happy I should / shouldn't be.

Very happy. CotA owns.

Edit: Monza, Sonoma, and Hockenheim were also announced. Doooooooooooope

bloops fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 4, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Brands Hatch
Spa
Sonoma
Watkins Glen

I'm good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:pray: Maple Valley

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Basically every racing game needs Brands Hatch and Spa.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
And elevation changes. While not drastic, they are there and make for a very dynamic lap. Every corner is unique and engaging in its own way.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It'll be cool and good when Forza 6 ruins my life next month.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea I paid 85 bucks for the ultimate edition because I need F6 to destroy my social life one week sooner than expected

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

2014 Lamborghini #18 DragonSpeed Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo

This, Brands Hatch, the Polestar S60 racecar, and rain are making Forza 6 so goddamn good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I imagine that Playground Games and Turn 10's relationship is pretty loving tight. Those Porsche cars had to have been built with Forza 6 in mind.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

gypsyshred posted:

Whats the difference between the $80 bundle and the $100 bundle?

Looks to be the car pass.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Lotus E23 is in as the Formula 1 car.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Handling is supposedly lighter than Forza 5, which soured me on the game as nearly every car was an understeering pig without tuning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrnp6n9pgfY

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No idea. A GiP regular posted it today.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
All of the Xbox 360 Forza games (including Horizon) will be backwards compatible on the Xbone starting in November.

MAPLE VALLEY HASN'T DIED YET

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Uh Ultimate how is this even a question?!?!?!?!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It also comes with everything cool like dlc and vip so money is never a concern.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Track listing of what has what weather variation. Pretty sparse, honestly.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sorry. Night, rain, sunset, day. They oughta be pretty self-explanatory now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I wonder what their logic was. Obviously some tracks are known for inclement weather or night racing. Maybe disk space?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea that's how they got around the Xbox one's limited power by pre-rendering the track and weather condition. You'll recall Cubey's temper tantrum from a month or so ago regarding this. I just wonder why there aren't more combinations. Maybe in the future we'll get more.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Spa and Brands Hatch have rain, so I'm fine.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GutBomb posted:

The thing I don't get is that Project Cars is on the xbone and it can do those things. Furthermore, forza horizon 2 is on the xbone, uses the forza 5 engine, and can do those things.

Pcars performs poorly on the Xbox one. 60 FPS is a rare occurrence. FH2 is a locked 30 fps. Forza 6 is a locked 60.

So yes they have dynamic weather and lighting but at a significant cost. I personally think FH2's solution is much better. Pcars can chug on the ps4 too. Fps drops and tearing occur regularly in even day conditions. I've only played pcars at a locked 60 with weather on my high end pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Ether Frenzy posted:

30fps is fine in Horizon, because it's not a sim.

60fps in Motorsport is critical and it's the reason Forza is easily the best racing game on any console, because it maintains a 100% locked 60fps at all times, so your physics calculations (the portion where the tires meet the ground) is exactly consistent 100% of the time and is never affected by dipping shitshow frame drops due to overextending the engine to get in EVERY feature instead of just THE ONES THAT WORK.

I'm fine with Turn 10 ditching any feature that hurts the 60fps lock. Which is why there's no weather or time of day changes dynamically.

60fps uber alles.

yea, I can't be mad at Turn 10's absolute demand on a 60 fps lock. An absolute rock steady frame rate at either 30 fps or 60 fps is very nice. I'd even go as far to say that something like Driveclub or FH2 plays better than PCARS because the former two are locked at 30 whereas PCARS likes to hover anywhere from 45-60.

• Locked thread