Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GreatGreen posted:

Is anybody else concerned about how proud Turn10 is of their new dynamic weather system?

I don't want half of every race to be in the rain.

Codemasters and the pcars guys have both been going on about dynamic weather a lot lately too, I think its just the marketing "thing" for racing games right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

financially racist posted:

Has Turn 10 mentioned anything about different tire compounds for Forza 7? Dynamic weather is pointless if it doesn't include the ability to pit for wet or intermediate tires and the strategy that goes along with choosing (ie if it's the last few laps is it worth it to try and stay out when it starts raining. That was by far the most interesting and fun part of that F1 games they gave out for free on XBL Gold a while back and is what made me realize the potential for how cool dynamic weather can be.

Yeah this is a HUGE thing I've been wondering about lately. Pcars has the same problem where they're going hard on dynamic weather but I don't think they've bothered implementing different tires you can swap between, so what's the loving point?

Its something F1 2017 completely nails and half the reason why I bought that game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I got into Forza Horizon 3 late, only awhile ago, and I'm tearing it up and loving it. (Didn't realize it was on PC!)

But holy gently caress is it annoying when you're trying to do a drift sector and traffic slams into you right at the end of a perfect run and pushes you backwards, invalidating your whole score.

Sometimes you're almost done and some drivatar AI dick will even drive on the wrong side of the road to slam head-first into you. Not much you can do about that.

And rewinding time is super buggy when it comes to drift sectors. Most of the time it doesn't do it right and you just have to start the whole attempt over.

harperdc posted:

PCars 1 had various slick compounds and "wets" if memory serves, and setups could go to "automatic by weather" to choose the compound. Can't remember how changing compounds was implemented in races, but few games have done it as well as the Codie F1 games, between the setup page and the on-track radio choice menu.

Ah yeah that's true, pcars does have compounds. But its all set to "automatic by weather" by default so it doesn't feel like something that's easy to gently caress with. Like trying to pick it manually is more of a pain than just leaving it automatic, even if you know exactly which compound you want. We'll see how pcars 2 does it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hexenritter posted:

Glad someone else is still playing this too. I still have a shitload of events I haven't raced yet and I haven't even really touched online because half the time real life decides to interrupt inopportunely such as when I'm four laps deep in a six lap Goliath with my ridiculous 1000hp Ford Mustang Boss 302.

I feel you on the drift zones, I loving hate when I've finally nailed a decent string of transitions and got sideways without overcommitting :argh: only for some loving bogan housewife in a minivan driving her little bastard to footie practice to clip me and cost me my points. :argh:

I mean otherwise I love having the traffic around as an obstacle, and you can turn it off for certain events, but man you'd think if there was some crazy racing festival come to town and they specifically marked out areas of the road for 1337 tokyo driftu skillz, you'd think that other normal traffic would avoid that area and drive around it!

• Locked thread