Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
GTCC is back with the old crew if anyone wants to mess around with us again.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743099

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If anyone doesn't have Forza 6 and wants to save ten bucks, I'm selling a code.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743716

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do you ever tell people you're a professional gooncar driver?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I really hate the xbox one dashboard. It's impossible to do anything fast. In order to get rid of robot voice, I have to exit out of the game, start it back up, go back to the dash go to friends and do all that crap. Waiting for a horribly slow menu to load every step of the way. If they can't make the menus be fast, then simplify them until it works. I don't care if it looks nice, I just want to be able to muscle memory some buttons to get to the join friends screen.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I usually just go to sport transmission so I can change final drive. I've never needed to set all the ratios so it's just a waste of PI.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

They did this not long after the release of FM4 as well, I think with the Dodge Dart and a couple other cars. Makes you wonder how with all the playtesting they must have done, how they can't find cheater cars and balance them before the game launches. They've got at least one guy on staff who can set top leaderboard times, so it's not like they don't have the talent for finding them.

There's no way play testers could test every combination of car and upgrade. Eventually a user will randomly find a combination that works as a cheater car and you hope they fix it. Hopefully Microsoft isn't so draconian about updates as they were on 360. Back when they thought making patches really expensive and hard to certify would somehow cause developers to make better games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The glitch appears to have just come out. There's no way they had enough time to get a fix together and get it into the patch before it went to testing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

marjorie posted:

Stupid question alert, but I'm new to Forza and the console game/dlc-buying market in general. The DLC cars that you guys are discussing: do you get those by purchasing the VIP thing for $20? If so, if I were to buy it now, would I get this month's and last month's cars too (if there were cars last month).

VIP gets you all the first car packs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GutBomb posted:

To be clear it doesn't get you all of the car packs, just the ones that were available day one. They are going to come out with DLC packs every month for a while including the one that came out yesterday and these are not included with VIP. For those you need the car pass or to buy them individually.

Edit: Maybe not. Ultimate gets you the first DLCs, maybe that's something else.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

marjorie posted:

Ohhhh, ok, I finally get it. I'm assuming there's no way to upgrade a regular edition digital purchase to the ultimate or deluxe version. So if I'm more interested in getting cars than anything else, I'm better off just buying the car pass.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

I think you can just buy all the different things and it's the same.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ideally with PC sims, you want a sim and wheel that can properly change resolution on the fly. You set your wheel to 900 degrees and the game will set hard stops for whatever rotational limit the car has. But that's not going to happen in Forza, so you should probably just do 540 or whatever you are comfortable with. Or set it based on what the car you're driving would have.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You'll just have to guess. Really old cars are going to be above 900 because of no power steering. Modern street cars are usually 900. A race tuned care will probably be around 540-720 and open wheel cars are usually 270-360.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The only reason why enzo even made street cars was to make money for racing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I didn't bring my xbone to the track.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If the inside wheel is spinning and you don't want it to, the diff is locking early so raise the percentage.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, they really need to change up the drag racing. It should just be a big group of people and you get a set amount of time to do as many runs as you want. Stage your car and do a race. Then you drive back and queue up while chatting to people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

MattD1zzl3 posted:

The free track is twin ring motegi.

If you jinx this with your lovely track opinions, I'll kick your dick in IRL.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The only way to get that other one is to get fallout on xbone? That's dumb.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The only time I've broken a 360 controller was from throwing it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's not that great. The monza oval is narrow as hell and the transitions are not forgiving. It would be impossible to drive a car in traffic on that with a controller.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

It's Forza, they'll just make it wider

Maybe in older Forzas, but they laser scan everything now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I always tune brakes to 75-80%. Anything lower and sometimes max pressure doesn't lock up, anything higher and they lock up too fast. The controller tells you when they lock up but that's at maybe 10% of travel by default.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I use 107 almost exclusively. The braking for 6 is radically differant from 4 and 5, you dont use as much of the triggers travel, just light pressure on it. In the same way you dont use all of your brake pedals travel when slowing down for a red light.

Yes but you do use all the pedal travel when you're trying to stop as quickly as possible for a corner.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Rally di Positano. It had a pretty sweet jump if you drove it backwards.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Unless you want achievements I guess.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I still don't understand any of the clues.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe they just forgot it. There's 7 clues and only six cars in the video. But there is a description of it at the bottom of the page so it's not like it's fan speculation.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
On the version of the track with the chicane, there is a chicane clearly marked on the map. When you get to the chicane, there is a giant tire wall across almost the entire track that prevents you from cutting it.

On the version of the track without a chicane, it is clearly marked on the map as being a straight. When you get to the chicane, there is no tire wall and you keep driving straight.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The formula mazda is a good car that everyone should check out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The DLC is gone? Is that for all 360 games or just Forza? Why?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Were there even any hints with this one?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They never are. It's a different license.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What if I just build my own real world Maple Valley? Will they scan it and put it in the game then?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There's only been 5 car packs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Holy hell that car is garbage. I hope that turn 10 guy isn't very good. I've got a 1:52 and I doubt I'll get much better. The car is so heavy you have to start braking for a corner while the car is still in the factory.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Turns out downloading a tune doesn't actually install it. I went to load my tune and got a 1:45 after a couple laps. The car still sucks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That turn10 guy set a 1:39. Unless you're a top 1% leader board driver, you're not getting a 77 Vantage.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You're saying search through tunes based on nothing other than which one was most recently uploaded isn't a good system?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I turned it off pretty quick, because the Xbox and Xbox 360 had this amazing feature that Microsoft decided wasn't important for Xbox One. I am talking about the feature that allows a gamer to stream music from their PC while playing video games. I spent many hours playing Forza 2 and Forza 4 (skipped 3 due to life) just jamming music while racing. Now with Xbox One the only way to do it is to have half your screen taken up by a "snap" app that's loving worthless.

You can do it on Xbone as long as you are willing to devote one full third of your TV to the media player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Whatever happened to the days when they'd have some dumb celebrity set a lap but it was dirty so everyone could get the car.

• Locked thread