Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Drifter posted:

What the gently caress is this show anymore?

A show that should have finished at the end of season 5 when Mike was sentenced. But it didn't, so now I have to hatewatch it until the end to get closure :(

Robo Donna is hella dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

blunt posted:

A show that should have finished at the end of season 5 when Mike was sentenced. But it didn't, so now I have to hatewatch it until the end to get closure :(

Robo Donna is hella dumb.

Same. I finished Sons of Anarchy and Dexter so I might finish this as well...

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If they weren't treating the stupid robot so seriously it wouldn't bother me so much, but it seems like the writers legitimately think it's an interesting multi-episode subplot. As a one-off joke it would have been stupid but forgettable, but the way they are acting this donna robot is going to play some role in the main plot, like it gets self-aware and fucks up the firm somehow.

Even ignoring how tired of a thing "Donna is Awesome" is, it just doesn't feel like it belongs. Doesn't this guy have a job that he should be doing instead of making people robots?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Drifter posted:

I only recognized the girlfriend because I was a huge fan of the TV show 'Popular'.

HOLY poo poo! That's where I recognizer her from. Huh, I remember her being a better actress.

Also, I loving loved Popular.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Ugh, another episode, more "the donna" poo poo.

Also this annoys me in shows/movies in general but the scene in the bar with Harvey/Louis and the guy they were trying to get to hack Velocity whatever really stuck out - they are in a bar with TVs going and people talking, but there is absolutely no background noise in that scene until the background music starts playing halfway through. Maybe it's just me but it stuck out as badly as that one roof scene from a couple seasons(?) ago, just the audio version of it.

e: even if this thing worked in real life how is it some investment opportunity of a lifetime? It's just a sassy talking box. How does that make money? I hope they either write Donna out of the show after this season or, better yet, end the show. You're a secretary, get the gently caress over yourself.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 23, 2017

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I just binged the entirety of season 6. Now I understand what hate-watching is.

I thought the way Prison Mike only interacts with 2 other people in a federal prison without PoC was bad, Robo-Donna takes the cake.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

e: even if this thing worked in real life how is it some investment opportunity of a lifetime? It's just a sassy talking box. How does that make money? I hope they either write Donna out of the show after this season or, better yet, end the show. You're a secretary, get the gently caress over yourself.

I want to know how some NYC IT guy is able to program a more complex AI than NASA or MIT. So far the only explanation is 'uhhhh it's got algorithms'. Like a far more lucrative opportunity would be to teach other legal secretaries how to be 'awesome'.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
season 2
"Mike, I can make you a lawyer now (again[again{again}]). It's foolproof!"
"No, I won't allow it!"
"But-"
"No!"
"poo poo, our law firm's being threatened!"
"Uh oh!"
"I know we can win! Anything for Mike (even though it's basically a dependent relationship with him and it's super unhealthy)"

season 3-6
"Mike, I can make you a lawyer now (again[again{again}]). It's foolproof!"
"No, I won't allow it!"
"But-"
"No!"
"poo poo, our law firm's being threatened!"
"Uh oh!"
"I know we can win! Anything for Mike (even though it's basically a dependent relationship with him and it's super unhealthy)"

Also, what the gently caress is this whole Donna bullshit? It's a stupid loving Voice Activated self-esteem builder/daily planner or something? Who the gently caress cares?

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 24, 2017

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
I binged through this whole show in like a week, started off awesome, hell I didn't even mind the prison poo poo. But I physically cringe every time "The Donna" comes up. Like fucks sake its so stupid. Donna was great in the earlier seasons where she was a superstar worker and reader of people without bringing it up herself every 3 lines, now its just like *donna walks into elevator with Rachel, Rachel turns to donna and says* "why are you wearing crocs" *donna doesn't look at her, smiles slightly and says* "cause I'm Donna" *walks out of elevator, rachel is so flabbergasted and in awe she drops all her poo poo*

Not a huge fan of the constant "does mike ross really want to be real lawyer" thing either. Louis Litt is great when his storyline involves the law, all the relationship poo poo doesn't fly for me. imo they should bring Louis to the forefront more often, he was great in the earlier seasons. Same thing with Harvey. All the actual lawyer stuff is fun, its great watching Harvey or Mike or whoever shred a case, but I don't care about Harvey trying to reconnect with his mom.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Okay, just finished the episode. What's with the Louis Litt bullshit relationship poo poo? This poo poo has got to be the worst subplot ever...even including The Donna crap.

Louis used to be hilarious, now they've made him some morose sad sack of poo poo biblical Job insert constantly getting his balls crushed. That's not fun, nor is it interesting.

Yeet posted:

I binged through this whole show in like a week, started off awesome, hell I didn't even mind the prison poo poo. But I physically cringe every time "The Donna" comes up. Like fucks sake its so stupid. Donna was great in the earlier seasons where she was a superstar worker and reader of people without bringing it up herself every 3 lines, now its just like *donna walks into elevator with Rachel, Rachel turns to donna and says* "why are you wearing crocs" *donna doesn't look at her, smiles slightly and says* "cause I'm Donna" *walks out of elevator, rachel is so flabbergasted and in awe she drops all her poo poo*

Not a huge fan of the constant "does mike ross really want to be real lawyer" thing either. Louis Litt is great when his storyline involves the law, all the relationship poo poo doesn't fly for me. imo they should bring Louis to the forefront more often, he was great in the earlier seasons. Same thing with Harvey. All the actual lawyer stuff is fun, its great watching Harvey or Mike or whoever shred a case, but I don't care about Harvey trying to reconnect with his mom.
It's not an emptyquote, but gently caress if your post isn't bang on. gently caress Donna, gently caress Mike's existential bullshit, gently caress Donna and her stupid "I'm Kim Kardashian famous" poo poo some more, gently caress new Louis and his Sisyphean relationship malarkey.

"Global Warming's been solved. Didn't you know? I'm Donna - that's what I do." - gently caress off you numpty bawbag.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 24, 2017

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Yeah, this show was a ton of fun for the first couple seasons when it was basically the Mike and Harvey show. Donna, Jessica, and Louis all had specific and well thought out roles - these days, it seems like the show is just trying to hang on.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I realized I liked the show when it's just basically all the lawyers being "It is actually I behind you" to deserving assholes. Bonus points if it's the Mike own zone due to someone underestimating him. This has been disappointing.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Also this annoys me in shows/movies in general but the scene in the bar with Harvey/Louis and the guy they were trying to get to hack Velocity whatever really stuck out - they are in a bar with TVs going and people talking, but there is absolutely no background noise in that scene until the background music starts playing halfway through. Maybe it's just me but it stuck out as badly as that one roof scene from a couple seasons(?) ago, just the audio version of it.

She's not JUST a secretary. She's a secretary that literally knows everything better than anyone else and if she's ever shown to be wrong by anyone, then that person is a jerk and needs to apologize RIGHT NOW! I thought it was funny how she got all butthurt for those venture capitalists talking down to her, when she literally talks down to like everybody all the time.

Also Mike is somehow more annoying than he was, even in season one. Everything that goes wrong in his life is somehow Harvey's fault and results in Mike storming over and bitching out at him. But yet, it is Harvey's job to drop everything he's doing and go help Mike whenever he asks for it, without so much as an ounce of gratitude from Mike. Rolled my eyes so hard when Mike bragged about getting out of prison, like it was all his doing, rather than Harvey saving his rear end. It's like Mike is an outrageously spoiled 5 year old and Harvey is his dad

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 24, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

She could be the greatest secretary in the world but that has zero relevance in starting and running a "business" (or in her case, selling a single product named after her) and those guys she overheard were dead on accurate. For a second I thought she was actually going to learn from that but no, the show wants us to think they are just misogynist assholes who aren't worthy of Donna's Awesomeness.

But yeah like others have said, her and other characters started out fun and interesting but now they are just basically caricatures of their old selves.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Hopefully this is the final season. It's time to put this show out of its misery.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
You all need to stop watching this expecting some breaking bad type realism poo poo. That isn't this show. It takes a lot of liberties with what it does. If you are analyzing "the donna" and how it's possible then I guess you need to analyze how they get cases over in a few weeks that normally take years in real life. I don't mind "the donna" plot line and like what it did last night as it showed Donna that she is not all that and a bag of chips.

I will say that the "i want to be a laywer.. i dont want to be a lawyer" thing is getting annoying . And I can't wait for Louis to be single again.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

You all need to stop watching this expecting some breaking bad type realism poo poo. That isn't this show. It takes a lot of liberties with what it does. If you are analyzing "the donna" and how it's possible then I guess you need to analyze how they get cases over in a few weeks that normally take years in real life. I don't mind "the donna" plot line and like what it did last night as it showed Donna that she is not all that and a bag of chips.

I don't think anyone was complaining about "the donna" because it's not realistic, they/we are complaining because it's idiotic and annoying and is pure filler. The only lack of realism I complained of was that these two people with full time jobs apparently had the time to develop and then market+sell the thing during work hours without getting fired.

I really don't think Donna took that lesson away from that experience by the way. Maybe for a couple minutes but she was right back to "I'm Donna (tm)" mode again by the end of the episode.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
It has been getting worse. Still watchable and not totally boring, but the best thing about the show was the comedy between Harvey, Mike, and Lewis. Seems like we get less of that each season. I actually thought Mike going to prison would have been a really cool ending; even though I did like the prison stuff this season, I'd have preferred it to have ended when everyone knew it was time.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Now that I think about it, I'd imagine we're getting this Donna stuff because Jessica isn't around to fill a third of an episode anymore.

Didn't have to be a loving chat bot though.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

blunt posted:

Now that I think about it, I'd imagine we're getting this Donna stuff because Jessica isn't around to fill a third of an episode anymore.

Didn't have to be a loving chat bot though.

It could have been a chance to give her a real problem to solve with actual stakes, instead we get will-they-won't-they with Donna Bot.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Definitely hate watching now. I wish it was still Mike using his photographic memory to solve neat cases with Harvey. That was pretty entertaining. Now it's just.... this....

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Garfu posted:

Definitely hate watching now. I wish it was still Mike using his photographic memory to solve neat cases with Harvey. That was pretty entertaining. Now it's just.... this....

It seems like they are very slowly heading back toward something like that, but will there still be enough people that can endure the donna robot to keep the show afloat long enough for them to get there? I doubt it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I can endure the donna robot and so does my co-worker. The show will go on!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/shadowandact/status/837167884992380931

This could be cool.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

What's there to spin off of? Is it just going to be a standard lawyer show? Jessica's alright and all but I can't see a show like this working without people like Mike/Harvey/Louis carrying it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Single female lawyer doing single female lawyer stuff.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Dexo posted:

Single female lawyer doing single female lawyer stuff.

There has to be something more than that though unless it's just going to be generic law procedural show number 10000. Obviously it's still early and we don't know what the main premise is aside from it being based on her but I'm not particularly excited about it.

Anyway, I'm glad that the donna is apparently dead in the water after this episode/season, but knowing the show, the first half of next season is going to be about Donna fighting to find a way out of the buyout.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

What's there to spin off of? Is it just going to be a standard lawyer show? Jessica's alright and all but I can't see a show like this working without people like Mike/Harvey/Louis carrying it.

When The Good Wife finished, it spun off into The Good Fight. It's actually really good. It's starring Dianne and a new person, and also the hottest sexy black lawyer (Lucca Quinn) as a tritagonist

I will say The Good Wife is leaps and bounds better than Suits and Good Fight seems to be more interesting even after 3 episodes. The Louis Litt humor is the best part of Suits, and it's amazing, though. It's too bad they killed it off - he could've still been funny and crazy and have serious stories. :mad:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Hey, so why is the young black lawyer dude working with Mike so upset about Mike becoming a lawyer again?

It really seems kinda bitchy.

Also, I like Donna's character orc with this plot, but it's loving dumb how they're pulling it off. It was cool seeing how the two guys talking about how she's just a 'secretary' et cetera, and how she wants to be more "important" in the social life of big people...except it's NEVER come up EVER before and it was just poo poo all the way through this. Argh.

Man, I miss Louis Litt being a cool guy. His old secretary lawyer protege was a great foil with him, too. All this stuff is ridiculous. His whole girlfriend arc was loving dumb and ended in a super lovely dumb way.

At least the last minute of the show between Mike and Harvey was okay, but I literally hate everyone else on the show now. Good way to go out, I suppose.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 3, 2017

red19fire
May 26, 2010

How can Mike even become a lawyer again? I thought the main punishment of his sentence was being barred from practicing law ever again along with the jail time.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

red19fire posted:

How can Mike even become a lawyer again? I thought the main punishment of his sentence was being barred from practicing law ever again along with the jail time.

I do believe those were the terms of his plea bargain. But maybe the thing with Seidel got him to waive that since they were blackmailing him?

Either way, it's not really worth thinking abuot.

Also (again) I actually dislike Donna as a result of this season - mainly with teh whole Donna The Donna storyline.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I hope comically evil DA lady never comes back. She was super annoying and hated Mike wayyyy more then a normal person would. I liked how they ended the season.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I burst out laughing at the last scene of Louis.

Hopefully they realized the show was only good in the first couple seasons and they are going back to it in 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
"Now that I'm a real lawyer who'da thunk ACTUAL lawyering would be so hard? Certainly not me, who was only ever a fake one. Everything is so much harder now. Now that, you know, I'm a real laywer."

• Locked thread