Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
From the first season. Had to look it up:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1976882/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2 posted:

Harvey asks Mike to find a loophole so that he can oust the incoming CEO of a motor company he represents, while Louis puts outrageous demands on Mike as he tries to make arrangements for the Rookie Dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No, the other guy, the one Harvey was representing.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

The trading guy? Yeah, I didn't remember him at all. Harvey has threatened all his clients so it's hard to tell the difference.

"Specter Spectre, Harvey Spectre :smug:"

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Holyshoot posted:

:vince: @ Harvey and his therapist. Dude has no level he won't stoop too.

Anyone else getting tired of how selfish these lawyers are like the Louis vs Soloff. Like I get it makes good drama but it's almost too dramatic because no real person would ever say no to a great deal for their company over a stupid feud. (I think???).

That's just it - Soloff got Harvey's client to fire them and immediately replaced them with a larger client. It WAS a better deal, both for the firm and for Soloff. The fact that it came at the expense of Harvey is just icing on the cake.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Harvey has gone off the rails :stare:

I do like how everyone can walk into everyone else's businesses with no warning.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

Harvey has gone off the rails :stare:

I do like how everyone can walk into everyone else's businesses with no warning.

Better dramatic effect. Or maybe when you're super important people let you by without questioning you.

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011
Cellular is on the TV right now. Guess who's the douchey lawyer who gets his car stolen? None other than our favourite Louis Litt!

adrenaline_junket
May 29, 2005
gotta get a rush!

He was the broker manager that was trying to manipulate a deal in season 4 or something. I think episode 2?

Some kid was being framed up for insider trading by this guy, and Mike did some social engineering hack to find out that it was a dodgy job.

Now the shoes on the other foot apparently and he's the one with a dick in the rear end and needs Harvey's help.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

tentish klown posted:

Cellular is on the TV right now. Guess who's the douchey lawyer who gets his car stolen? None other than our favourite Louis Litt!

He also plays a dude in hostel 3(I think) who paid to have someone he could take pieces of their skin off while they sit there. Against thier will of course.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Harvey being a dick as usual.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
poo poo is about to go downnnnn

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

PaganGoatPants posted:

poo poo is about to go downnnnn

The Louis' sister story line is annoying. It would have been way more interesting if Harvey had marched his puckered butt over to Louis' office and said he wanted to date the sister. Just one of those -boom- get over it announcements. Instead we're treated to Louis acting like a baby, Harvey being an insufferable dick, and Amy Acker not being on camera nearly as much as I want.

As for the rest of things going downnnnn, yup. Donna is headed back Harvey's direction.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else think Harvey sounded bad during the whole Donna dinner bit? He sounded like he had a sore throat and they filmed anyway.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

patentmagus posted:

Donna is headed back Harvey's direction.

"I said I wasn't going to leave you Louis...but I'm leaving you!"

I expect that exact line next week.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Well this is going to be an HR nightmare.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

next week: jack solof insists the work-related injury compensation plan be distributed based on number of injuries, not the magnitude of injury in order to get on harvey's good side and stick it to louis

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Harvey not wanting to date Amy Acker is the most unrealistic thing so far in a TV show featuring a literal wizard lawyer who knows everything and faked going to Harvard.

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

VDay posted:

Harvey not wanting to date Amy Acker is the most unrealistic thing so far in a TV show featuring a literal wizard lawyer who knows everything and faked going to Harvard.

But he does want to date her. He won't because of -things- that don't matter to him in any other situation with any other woman.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

patentmagus posted:

But he does want to date her. He won't because of -things- that don't matter to him in any other situation with any other woman.

If it goes right he could end up with Louis as a brother in law and who wants that

Fake edit: besides half the posters in this thread anyways

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

next week: jack solof insists the work-related injury compensation plan be distributed based on number of injuries, not the magnitude of injury in order to get on harvey's good side and stick it to louis

Haha holy poo poo I called it

This episode is literally the writers thinking we'll side with a physical abuser because he's one of the main characters so what the gently caress.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He punched Louis in the face because he was being a huge rear end in a top hat. I wouldn't really call that physical abuse.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, hope everyone was up to date on Game of Thrones.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

He punched Louis in the face because he was being a huge rear end in a top hat. I wouldn't really call that physical abuse.

"I almost broke someone's back because they shouted at me" is indefensible.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ernie. posted:

Where the gently caress did you get that interpretation? He punched him in the face and then they shoved and Louis fell down. Louis doesn't seem any worse for wear.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Ernie. posted:

Uh, Louis got up and attacked Harvey in turn. Going through the table was him being deflected.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

AND ~~THE SECRET~~ PLOTLINE IS BACK BABY

Uh, hope everyone was up to date on Game of Thrones.

Also this

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Louis asked Harvey not to sleep with his sister. Harvey says ok. Turns around and sleeps with his sister. Violation of bro-code. Harvey is in the wrong in conjunction with Section 2.8 of the Bro-code Manual of Conduct!

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Ernie. posted:

Louis was hitting below the belt with the poo poo he was saying and got punched, that's not the end of the world. He was a prick to make Harvey promise to not sleep with his sister in the first place. His sister is an adult and what she does should not depend on her brothers insecurities. Basically, Louis is a pansy.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
*I'm currently watching the episode*

I thought they would've moved past the fight thing after they shook hands but no, Louis just had to be a little baby about it in the meeting. Now THAT was below the belt.

e: This entire case and dancing around Mike's secret is ridiculous.

e2: Rachel can't lie for poo poo and Claire is actually Mike's real life fiancé. :toot:

e3: I kinda like Jack now, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna end up resigning.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 14, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Schiavona posted:

Also this

Not surprised since it had been a while.

adrenaline_junket
May 29, 2005
gotta get a rush!

PaganGoatPants posted:

Louis asked Harvey not to sleep with his sister. Harvey says ok. Turns around and sleeps with his sister. Violation of bro-code. Harvey is in the wrong in conjunction with Section 2.8 of the Bro-code Manual of Conduct!

It was a contract not made in good faith.

Harvey already had a prior moment with the "sister" before she was revealed as such, and Louis didn't identify who his sister was when he made Harvey agree to the terms.

There was no meeting of the minds.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

PaganGoatPants posted:

e2: Rachel can't lie for poo poo and Claire is actually Mike's real life fiancé. :toot:

Hmm, real life engaged to Claire and getting to film bed scenes with and kiss Rachel is a pretty good deal. Seems like a pretty Mike thing to set up.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Schiavona posted:

Holyshoot posted:

Not surprised since it had been a while.

It's because the season or mid-season or whatever finale is coming up in like two episodes and the USA Show Formula dictates that the show has to do its obligatory 2 episodes that deal with the main plot contrivance of the show before going back to the usual weekly stuff.

Shame that Jack's apparently going to be blackmailed into being the bad guy, I liked his arc and felt like him going from an outsider who sees Harvey/Jessica do ridiculous poo poo every single week into a cooperative partner once he sees that ok maybe they at least know what they're doing was one of the show's more natural character progressions. RIP John Pyper-Ferguson, onto the next show you go.

Also I think I'm finally past the breaking point with Louis and Harvey. It is beyond ridiculous now. At this point they've been best friends and worst enemies a dozen times over and have both acted like god drat children so there is just zero tension there left and I can't really be bothered to care about either of their arcs any more. Next week's episode will have Harvey announce either that he's been seeing a psychiatrist or that he's been having panic attacks, and Louis will know he wasn't lying and they'll be best friends again because they'll need to work together to take down Hardman (again) or Soloff, until a couple of episodes into the next season when they'll fight again after Harvey steals Louis's bagel or something. Can't wait :what:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Amazing that shows like these with the same old same old work so well and last a bunch of seasons and shows like revolution that have interesting changing plots can't make it past season 3.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
drat Mike that's harsh to a guy that made you partner.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I do enjoy my trumped up "Mike's secret" drama.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This guy hasn't been around for a while.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yes Mike more lies. That always works!

e: Last minute couple fight time!!

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 20, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nooooooo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

PaganGoatPants posted:

I do enjoy my trumped up "Mike's secret" drama.

Add in the bridezilla aspects and it becomes absolutely insipid.

What got me was Rachel's "Hey! Let's maximize the drama by telling my mom the big secret!" It's not high school, it's jr. high. Donna did a good job of properly handling idiot Rachel with kid gloves.

• Locked thread