Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Spieder-man 2 is a great movie though. with toby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I might be the only person who liked the mutated poodles. They're shlocky and it was a good looking fight.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I might be the only person who liked the mutated poodles. They're shlocky and it was a good looking fight.

You're not, I liked that fight on multiple levels. It was a fun "caveman vs. a bunch of wolves" fight, only the wolves were dogs and he punched one of them in the dick.

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION

Grendels Dad posted:

You're not, I liked that fight on multiple levels. It was a fun "caveman vs. a bunch of wolves" fight, only the wolves were dogs and he punched one of them in the dick.

Only after the dog bit him in the dick! lol that 'feminist' Whedon made the hulk an angry rapist, when as far as I know, Ang Lee's hulk was the only screen depiction that was actually heroic, fighting against the military industrial complex instead of bemoaning that he isn't good enough to be a part of it .

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't understand why both Hulk films have the military trying to capture Hulk to turn him into a weapon instead of just being terrified of him and wanting to stop him. It's a much dumber dynamic to me that makes the military de facto villains in a situation that shouldn't have villains.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Snak posted:

Every Hulk movie has "Derp military plot"

Dam those two Hulk movies :argh:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Lurdiak posted:

I don't understand why both Hulk films have the military trying to capture Hulk to turn him into a weapon instead of just being terrified of him and wanting to stop him. It's a much dumber dynamic to me that makes the military de facto villains in a situation that shouldn't have villains.

In Lee's HULK it was a PMC run by Josh Lucas that wanted to capture him and take his magic DNA out. Sam Elliot just wanted to blow him up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ammanas posted:

In Lee's HULK it was a PMC run by Josh Lucas that wanted to capture him and take his magic DNA out. Sam Elliot just wanted to blow him up.

Oh yeah. It's been a while. That's definitely a little better.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I think if the "real military" is absent, that just raises more questions... Also, the Abomination project definitly exists in the second film, so someone was trying to weaponize the Hulk...

regardless, the "incompetent military" archetype is a major antagonist in both films.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'd say there is quite a difference between incompetence and getting trashed by the Hulk. The military in both movies would have totally won if there enemy was, like, a country in the Middle East or something.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Grendels Dad posted:

I'd say there is quite a difference between incompetence and getting trashed by the Hulk. The military in both movies would have totally won if there enemy was, like, a country in the Middle East or something.

Yeah, it's "incompetence" in the same way that the military is incompetent against Godzilla. It's not like anything they've ever seen before.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

Yeah, it's "incompetence" in the same way that the military is incompetent against Godzilla. It's not like anything they've ever seen before.

I mean, that's fair, I guess, but the military ineffectively shooting at Godzilla also makes for a boring and lovely movie...

It's been done so many times, new crazy thing -> military tries to stop it -> oh poo poo they weren't prepared. The are the worst parts of both Hulk movies, whose strengths are the actual character drama. hell it's the worst part of Jurassic World, where it's the entire movie.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's magnitudes better than any other Hulk movie in existence, but Hulk is a pretty crappy character.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Khanstant posted:

It's magnitudes better than any other Hulk movie in existence, but Hulk is a pretty crappy character.

The Hulk films are hindered by they really haven't gotten to any of the good characters that can flesh out the Hulk, instead focusing on Banner. Unless they're going to come out with the Leader or the split personality with the Grey Hulk or a superpowered Doc Samson, we're going to get stuck with a handful of HULK SMASH moments interspersed with Bruce Banner's character drama.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Khanstant posted:

Say what?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Young Freud posted:

The Hulk films are hindered by they really haven't gotten to any of the good characters that can flesh out the Hulk, instead focusing on Banner. Unless they're going to come out with the Leader or the split personality with the Grey Hulk or a superpowered Doc Samson, we're going to get stuck with a handful of HULK SMASH moments interspersed with Bruce Banner's character drama.

Over in one of the comic book movie threads, I sort of suggested the idea of just putting Hulk into the Savage Land or something and pull an Avatar/Jurassic Park sort of spin on the Planet Hulk arc.

Hulk in a world full of 'monsters' that he can feel at home at, a place where he can be a 'hero', Banner not needing to be around so much due to this, a chance for Hulk to develop more as a character. You could EVEN spin that into a different take on the WWHulk story if you wanted, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ladies and gentleman, we will write a script for a Hulk movie that only consists of the following words.

1. AAHHHHHH
2. GRRRRRRR
3. HULK
4. SMASH

• Locked thread